Bose hack reset...driving me mad!

Keviswatt

Hey all

Sorry to ask again but this is driving me mad!!! :rant:

Done the bose hack the other day and did a test fit to check it was working and all was well. Refitted everything and as soon as i turned it on i got the "press eject" error. I have tried the reset more times than i care to remember now and still wont work. I have a tape in the deck now too and still nothing.

I have tried as it says in the guide with ignition off and every other combination i can think of: keys out, keys in, holding eject before turning ignition off, holding eject while ignition on etc, etc, etc

When it says "press eject" and i press eject it seems to turn the unit off, is this correct?

The only thing i can think i have done wrong is when it said in the guide to remove the small spring i caught the larger one and it pinged out and i couldnt find it. does this need to be in for it to work?

Please, please can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong as i'm about to take a hammer to it!

Thanks in advance

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...