Clutch Bleed Nipple - VQ35HR

uk850t5

Hi Guys,

I'm a proud new owner of a 08 350z :-)

Clutch bite is high but reading various posts this is normal

however when launching from say 4K the pedal stick's halfway and clutch burn is smelt - Try not to drive this way so didnt really check on the test drive.

Apart from that drove it for 3 hours straight no issues, no slipage in slipage in shifts, etc. or can these not be lauched by dumping the clutch?

I'm hoping bleeding may fix, i've read the procedure, just dont know where the bleed nipple is located

can anyone advise please

Thanks in advance

Not a good idea to launch the Zed and dumping will soon give you costly remedial work.

In answer to your question, the clutch bleed screw is located on the bottom of the concentric slave tube :thumbs:

Alex :)

Thanks for the info much appreciated

Every car I've had you could just dump to launch at say 3k

I know it's bad for the clutch :-(

But how do you guys launch your z from standstill ?

I think that you will find that most the guys on this forum have to much respect for there cars to be getting up to these launching antics. :thumbs:

Alex :)

I was at Santa Pod with mine on sunday and found I got quite good results (obviously not the ultimate best time for the car) being kind to the car by letting the clutch in swiftly at around 2,500rpm to get it rolling and then quickly getting on the gas.

They are torquey enough not to really need a full bore clutch-dumping launch.

I had similar symtoms to your's with a 200sx I owned a few years ago when the clutch hydraulics had an internal leak.

The actual clutch was fine but when launching the pedal was slow to return, it was the seals in the slave cylinder worn out allowing fluid to pass by, but with no external leak.