313 gt / roadster

l-jack

i am in no rush really. I don't have a set budget, but as with everyone I want the best car for a very good price and I will not overspend.

Ideally looking for someone who will be trading / px'ing in the next month or two and would rather have the car go to a car enthusiast rather than a dealer who is trying to rob you blind. So yeah cash waiting in a couple of weeks. Please make my year

B)

Yeah from his earlier posts he said he works away, so guess he's off shore or something. It is an option just a bit far to travel as I'm in the midlands.

Also I fubarred the title I'm looking for 313 gt in coupe or roadster, low mileage, don't mind subtle mods, any colour really (black, grey, blue, temper), key is low mileage and condition. I used to work in motor industry so know the value of cars and the difficulty of moving on a 10k + car unless it's a bm or Audi

So guys looking forward to ownership guess I'll just see what comes along :snack:

And cs you might be seeing me soon

Where abouts are you based? Theres a few 313`s coupe`s ive seen on ebay / autotrader, but very very few roadsters out there. On a previous discussion thread it was said theres only about 250->300 313 Roadsters in the UK, so pretty rare. Unfortunately for owners, rarity doesnt seem to have much effect on the price and they seem to be falling in value the same as the coupes. Ive seen 2004 276bhp roadsters priced for £9999 and yet you have cars like the mint 2008 313 Roadster Jamie is selling up for £12999.

I guess they will devalue the same because of people like me. I attach no more worth to the roadster than a coupe, and I see the price of 370z's moving ever closer to the 15k mark. So much so that with 15.5k I think I could securemyself a 370z over the next few months.

I do like the look of the one at the dealership but I know they will need to return a ridiculous amour of cash for it. There is one in south Yorkshire on a 59 reg but has 29k on the clock and they want 15 grand. I think they may struggle and won't be getting my business at that price lol. On the other hand I have seen some bargains. Just waiting on the cash fro my house to clear.

Rabbit I'm near Coventry but my dad lives in northampton

A couple of tips really. I have seen that car from new, it was their demo car. Their price tracked the marcket value down plus about 1 to 2k. They still have it and another member was talking to them about a year ago.

Always worth a cheeky bid and feel free to mention my name.

Thanks for your help Martin. I will probably make my way down there when I'm back off exercise. See how much they need to get rid of it as every month it's eating away at the dealerships profits

Martin is this car a 313 or am I thinking right in it's a 300?

Thanks

Will do. Due to the distance involved I will make enquiries prior to driving across I think with the ability to purchase on the day of said travel lol. Just as long as they are able to be realistic on price.

I'm still going to be vulturing in the mean time.

I guess they will devalue the same because of people like me. I attach no more worth to the roadster than a coupe, and I see the price of 370z's moving ever closer to the 15k mark. So much so that with 15.5k I think I could securemyself a 370z over the next few months.

I do like the look of the one at the dealership but I know they will need to return a ridiculous amour of cash for it. There is one in south Yorkshire on a 59 reg but has 29k on the clock and they want 15 grand. I think they may struggle and won't be getting my business at that price lol. On the other hand I have seen some bargains. Just waiting on the cash fro my house to clear.

Rabbit I'm near Coventry but my dad lives in northampton

Interesting way to look at it. When I bought my roadster last year, the price for a roadster was more expensive than a coupe. Just a fact of life. I noticed the same with M3`s, the Convertible always demands a premium over the coupe. They are more expensive to buy new, and 2nd hand the prices follow suit.

The biggest problem I had when I was looking for mine was that there were only 2 313 Roadsters within 100 miles of Northampton, and both at dealers, so hardly much choice. I had to travel to Birmingham to get mine and the dealer selling mine had another buyer lined up and refused to take anything less than the full screen price, even after 2 hours of haggling. Still, it was fully loaded with every extra in the book and so I paid the going market rate for the car.

£15 grand for a 59 plate roadster is not bad money. Ive been following the prices on Autotrader & ebay, and with summer here, a 2007 roadster seems to average around £12500, a 2008 one is around £14500. They seem to depreciate by around £2grand (ish) a year at around that age.

I did see a 2 year old Grey 370z Coupe at the Lexus garage in Coventry the other day, near Toll Bar Island. It was up for £21grand, but is now down to just under the £20grand mark. There are more 370`s around than 313 Roadsters, so they maybe easier to find. Based upon a new 370z loosing 40% of its value over the first 4 years, you could probably expect to get one for the £16 grand mark in another 18months or so`s time.

I think £16k 370z's will be here before 18 months, before the years out I'd say. This one is £17.9k from a main dealer:

http://beta.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 2dr/453601

:)

I just had a look and theres no end of 370z`s for sale on Autotrader. Loads more than 350z Roadsters. Theres a couple of 370z coupes in the high £16grand range on there atm. So, sounds like the best plan for the OP is to go for one of them.