Cat c import help

latza

Hi. I'm currently looking at a cat c import z

It's. 2002 registered In the uk in 2003. It has a private plate of elz2997 but doesn't come with the sale. Im waiting for a reply about which plate it will have. The private plate is not found by hpi.

If it has the plate it was registered with I. 2003 is the vic check procedure the same as any other car or will it cause problems being an import

No link as I'm on eBay.

Type in 350z salvage in eBay. It's orange. It'd about 3500 I'd imagine. It's orange. Ive had loads of cat cars. Doesn't bother me

So your query is about the plate and your ability to check the 'validity' of the information related to the car based on the true plate which was originally on the car?

I suggest you ask the seller for the plate the car was given upon import and registration. As you're browsing it on eBay i'm uncertain as to why you can't provide a link?

As you've clearly bought a lot of vehicle's cat C, or otherwise, this way I'm sure your experience will help in finding this kind of information out. All the best :thumbs:

This link should explain what the car should have and what you need to ensure it does have (i.e. seller should be able to present this information to you) with regards to registration from import (JDM / USA ) in to this country.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/other/vehicle-importing-mu.asp

It should be easy for the seller to give you the plate number was originally registered on as the car should have followed the same (similar) registration processes as the link above indicates when the car was first imported in to this country. You must demand they provide that information to you before commiting to any kind of purchase like this, which you'll know from your previous car buying experience.

The seller mustbe able to provide you with a plate number which you can then hpi check. But then if the car is only £3k and if you've bought stuff through eBay before and the car is cat C, then you will know what you need to check before making a purchase like this.

As I've said, I wouldn't buy a cat C car from ebay but if you can use you're knowledge and experience to do so then it's an option for you. ,My suggestions shouldn't be taken as binding advice as it's only a matter of my opinion of course. :)