2006 GT Airbox

taffyjason

as said, i got it from RT biscuit, got the kit a couple of days ago, i have a plenum spacer plus an MREV 2 lower plenum ( for which i got slated by one or two people) , so after that lot fitted getting it re dyno'd

slated? You dont have a rev up. The mrev 2 is more similar to the DE lower plenum anyway. I dont think anyone on here will give you bad advice. ;)

its not bad advice, its the manner in which you presented it during that thread.

As i said the advice i was given, and cut and paste this if needed, was the MREV was effective on the 2004 model i have, i know its not UpRev and that's one of the questions i asked before i bought it.

So either i was told crap by the vendor and a couple of others i have asked or there is some basis in it.

Either way i'll post the dyno sheet once its all done.

If someone was patronising to you and told you, that you knew nothing, you'd sit there smiling huh?

Quote : I recently bought theMREV lower plenum bolt-on. I am told by some this has no effect on non UpRev engines? can you offer any advice on this matter?

To 'ConceptzPerformance' in the USA.

Reply : That is incorrect, the original MREV was different for the UpRev engines

back in the day, but they redesigned them back in 2006 to work for both

applications.

This was backed up by a certain well known trader on here, i wont quote him as i havent asked his permission.

I guess we'll only see when the dyno is carried out if there's anything significant.

If someone was patronising to you and told you, that you knew nothing, you'd sit there smiling huh?

Quote : I recently bought theMREV lower plenum bolt-on. I am told by some this has no effect on non UpRev engines? can you offer any advice on this matter?

To 'ConceptzPerformance' in the USA.

Reply : That is incorrect, the original MREV was different for the UpRev engines

back in the day, but they redesigned them back in 2006 to work for both

applications.

This was backed up by a certain well known trader on here, i wont quote him as i havent asked his permission.

I guess we'll only see when the dyno is carried out if there's anything significant.

The mrev will make slighlty better power due to better casting and smoother runners. Sand down your standard lower plenum and it will match an mrev2. Its just a ported/cleaned up 03 manifold :)