Alloy wheelrepair recommendation

sipar69

Thought I'd give these guys a plug - Autowerks in Slough http://www.the-autowerks.com/

After six months of careful parking and avoiding scrapes, I took a tight corner too quickly and put a nasty mark on a rear wheel - no excuses, just bad driving :surrender:

A mobile refurb would have been convenient, but I'd read that the Black Edition wheels are tricky to get right....so...I got the details of Autowerks from Nissan who use them for this sort of work.

Through no fault of Autowerks, the drop-off day went very badly: Stage 1 - An hour-plus drive through rush hour traffic to deliver the car, long walk to the station in the rain followed by two trains home - fine so far - I was expecting that. Stage 2 - Just settling down with a cup of tea and get a call from Autorwerks - they can't get the wheel off because the locking wheel nut (which we were given by Nissan, Slough, as they couldn't find the one that came with the car :thumbdown: ) was badly worn. So...frantic calls to find a dealer with one I could borrow (Slough don't have one and it will take 2 weeks to order one :wacko:) followed by a £50 cab ride to collect and drop it off in Slough in time for the work to be done, then the walk (still raining) and the trains home. All in all, a day off work that started with leaving the house at 7.30 am and ended with finally being able to sit down at 4.30 pm :rant: In fairness, Autorwerks did offer me a lift to the station second time around, but I was so wound up by then that I needed the air!

Anyway, Autorwerks did a great job on the wheel. You'll see from the website that their process is more extensive than a mobile refurb. The end result is worth it in my book. I'd definitely recommend them for this sort of work if you're within travelling distance. Their service was friendly and the cost (£85 inc VAT) compares well to a half decent mobile refurb (the car was with them overnight). Few pics below:

Ouch...

Wheel1.jpg

That's better.....

012.jpg