Plenum mod - does it affect engine smoothness?

Mrdeli

Just wondering whether the plenum mod helps engine smoothness at high rpm.

My zed is sliky smooth up until around 5000rpm plus. I'm wondering whether the mod helps the engine breath more freely and in turn whether this will make it smoother at the top end?

My logic may well be flawed, but I'm guessing someone on here will know

Regards mark.

Just wondering whether the plenum mod helps engine smoothness at high rpm.

My zed is sliky smooth up until around 5000rpm plus. I'm wondering whether the mod helps the engine breath more freely and in turn whether this will make it smoother at the top end?

My logic may well be flawed, but I'm guessing someone on here will know

Regards mark.

Not really. Just mid range torque. I found that full exhaust plus decats makes it smooth higher up.

Do you mean that it's good with the exhaust, or are you saying its best to skip the plenum mod and just do the exhaust? Which is a good exhaust for a bit of extra power etc, but still suited to everyday driving?

Thanks, mark.

The general consensus is that they (Zorst, Plenum & Uprev) all contribute to the smoothness, response and torque together, try to hook up with a member who has all three mods and try and get a ride, you'll see what we are on about, where are you based?

Do you mean that it's good with the exhaust, or are you saying its best to skip the plenum mod and just do the exhaust? Which is a good exhaust for a bit of extra power etc, but still suited to everyday driving?

Thanks, mark.

The 350 in general doesnt respond to any mod particularly well they have to be done supporting each other so A plenum spacer will do a little bit but when its on there with decats it makes more of a difference. Not in the sense that the decats help the spacer do its job its just because each mod only usually adds a little power and a little power on a heavy car doesnt mean alot. :thumbs:

The general consensus is that they (Zorst, Plenum & Uprev) all contribute to the smoothness, response and torque together, try to hook up with a member who has all three mods and try and get a ride, you'll see what we are on about, where are you based?

+1 on this

I think you need to keep everything in balance - there's no point in improving the air inflow if the exhaust constricts the flow on the way out - and obviously vice versa. I also think that to capitalise on any improvements, be that plenum spacer, berks or other zorst changes, it helps to then tune the engine to get the most out of it in that particular set-up, and so would also advise a remap - but remap it after you've done the other changes