tapping/ rattley on startup

dazzer-b

hi everyone,

had this issue with my car for a while but not really had an oppitunity to leave my car at the garage to get it looked at.

when i start the car (only when its cold) it makes a tapping sort of noise under the bonnet near the belt at the front/bottom of the engine for a split second. if you turn it off and do it again it wont make the noise again until its been left for a few hours.

dont suppose anybody else has ever had this problem or knows anything around that area that could cause this, like pistons or something. im not very mechanically minded but it doesnt sound very healthy.

cheers guys

May be the timing chain tensioners. Not sure about the Zed but i know they're controlled by the oil pressure on some engines, which would explain why it only happens on cold first starts when there's no oil circulating.

DB

May be the timing chain tensioners. Not sure about the Zed but i know they're controlled by the oil pressure on some engines, which would explain why it only happens on cold first starts when there's no oil circulating.

DB

this is correct