Wanting to install a new head unit

gazza67

Hi everyone,new member so excuse me if i am not doing this correctly but here goes i want to fit a new head unit either a pioneer avic f930bt or a kenwood dnx-5280bt to my 350z which is fitted with a bose system at the moment and niether of the local ICE shops to me have said they cannot supply the conversion lead from the existing wiring to the new head unit so i was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get one from thanks Gazza.

:welcome:

You will need the following -

Bose loom with steering control - 29-674

Patch lead - 29-020 (Pioneer specific)

Fascia

Possibly some line boosters, I did with my Pioneer AVIC f900bt as the Bose amp runs on a high frequency.

All available from incartec here - http://incartec.co.uk/nissan/1929/1036/2072/78/Browser.aspx

I have done the shopping list for you :teeth: ignore the 29-007 patch lead, that is an older model that does not work so well...

There are lots of good threads in the I.C.E. section, to be honest any half decent place should be able to swap out you Bose :shrug:

ignore the 29-007 patch lead, that is an older model that does not work so well...

Bugger, I got the 29-007 patch lead. Fitted the stereo today and have a strange issue where it's turning the volume down by itself. I haven't tried to debug it yet but do you think this could be the cause?

ignore the 29-007 patch lead, that is an older model that does not work so well...

Bugger, I got the 29-007 patch lead. Fitted the stereo today and have a strange issue where it's turning the volume down by itself. I haven't tried to debug it yet but do you think this could be the cause?

I am afraid so, my old one used to only change tracks backwards not forwards :wacko:

Goon news is the cable are only £5 :thumbs: The newer one is much more responsive too

Had a go at fixing it after reading the FAQ section on the incartec site:

My Pioneer radio volume goes down as soon as I connect the jack plug from your steering control

The older model radio you have has 5volt rest voltage on the centre pin rather than 3volt on the newer head-unit. Remove the second link from the patch lead 29-007-3v to convert it back to 5 volts.

Tried the recommended fix, now the steering wheel controls don't work at all. Will try with the new cable next weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just ordered all these bits for my new stereo !! didnt relise was such a misson to fit the stereo, So will all the BOSE amp etc work with these leads. Normally how quick are they at delivery, Ive just ordered them today, Im fitting a Pioneer AVH-3400DVD to mine.

Ive just ordered all these bits for my new stereo !! didnt relise was such a misson to fit the stereo, So will all the BOSE amp etc work with these leads. Normally how quick are they at delivery, Ive just ordered them today, Im fitting a Pioneer AVH-3400DVD to mine.

Mine came 1st class recorded so probs tuesday depending how far you are away from them, and yes will work with the bose amp, just remember you may need a inline booster as the volumer might be very low and also remember to connect the blue/white amp cable from your HU to the wiring loom otherwise you will have no sound. :thumbs: