anti-corrosion warranty

invame

Hi all,

New member here so hello to everyone.

I will be picking up this: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60427 in the next week or so as soon as threefiftyz has received a new V5C document due to the transfer of his private plate and got to wondering about the 12 year anti-corrosion warranty (which he's actually already successfully claimed on for a new bonnet). My issue is that I normally do my own servicing but I'm thinking that if I don't take it in for it's scheduled service for the next 3.5 years (the car is a 53 plate bye-the-way), I'll forfeit the aforementioned warranty. There's no obvious signs of rust on the car but I'd be interested in hearing what people thought regarding whether it's worth following the service schedule to preserve the warranty or to forfeit what's left of the warranty and do my own servicing?

I'd also appreciate it if anyone could point out if I've got any of the above "facts" wrong.

The perforation waranty has nothing to do with the servicing.

There is a seperate part of the service book for "paintwork inspection" this must be kept up to date

I've been told that you only need to complete that section of the log book if you service the car away from Nissan, if you have FNSH then it's not needed as it would be covered by the usual service stamps.