new car taxed twice

bmg

absolute bonus, got my car yesterday, with 6 months tax on it.. in the little cubby whole was a metal tax disc holder was a tax disc for a year. called dvla they said i can get a refund as am the legal owner of the car now. so should get a few hundred quid back ,,, even nicer.. going to put it towards a good service , a bluetooth kit or a parking sensor as am actually finding the zed a nightmare to park......just thought id share the mini nissan lottery i just won :D

Tax disc was missing when I bought mine but the car still had 4 months tax left and the DVA said I couldn't even apply for a duplicate because it wasn't me who purchased the tax last year. Had to call the seller to get him to sort out a new one, yet the DVLA say you can get a refund? Bureaucracy! :wacko:

after phoning the dvla on the cheap hotlone at 49p a minute and after the lassy ask me to hold to obviously try and generate some income from me. she said that since it was now in my name the dealer couldnt get a refund. but i have to keep the most recent tax disc that runs until december and ive to send back the old one that runs until feb2013...basically am happy...even happier after looking at the engine bay again,, its immaculate. am trying to stop myself going out and spending alot of money,, its so hard when there so many new clothes you can buy her!!!!!! :clap:

Tax disc was missing when I bought mine but the car still had 4 months tax left and the DVA said I couldn't even apply for a duplicate because it wasn't me who purchased the tax last year. Had to call the seller to get him to sort out a new one, yet the DVLA say you can get a refund? Bureaucracy! :wacko:

the dvla are ridiculous at best, for a brief minute that has now past thankfully, i was going to contact the dealer to say what had happened, in the of chance i can get a good will jesture out the equation...but am pretty sure the dealers would not have done that for me....now hat i right it i feel guilty...hope it passes soon