DIY Brick BBQ?

HassanZ

Go Gas

Plenty of cheap gas bbqs around or an Australian jobbie is more money but does a better job

The ultimate is Webber with a hot plate cooks a wonderful steak. and you will not give people food poisoning!!

Hi all,

I am planning on building a brick BBQ in the back garden ready for the summer weather (if we even get any!)

There are many ideas I have seen on Google and I thought this design and DIY BBQ kit looks the best:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/33065966 ... adtype=pla

The turned bricks to provide the supports for the grills looks like a good idea as metal supports would corrode and give way over a certain amount of time.

Have any of you built one or have one at their house? Photos would be very much appreciated to give me some inspiration!

Any advice/pointers would also be great.

Can you also please recommend any places where I can purchase the good quality DIY BBQ kit for this brick BBQ at a good price? Preferable a large one so we can place more food on there at the same time.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Ive built 2 similar to that. Worked out i needed about 100 bricks to get it the right height and size, and bought the bbq kit from B&Q for about 20quid. Comes with trays, metal supports etc...

Lasted me 10 years and still going strong.

Go Gas

Plenty of cheap gas bbqs around or an Australian jobbie is more money but does a better job

The ultimate is Webber with a hot plate cooks a wonderful steak. and you will not give people food poisoning!!

Go outside and spit over your shoulder.

Gas "BBQ's" are for heathens!