twin turbo q

flirt

Hi all

Just like to point out one or two thing. I do not have a plenum and the car is fine without it at the power level that WRC set the cars at. It is NOT an essential item at this power level. As for the exhaust Flirt (correct me if I am wrong) dose not have a standard system on his car. Even if this was the case as long as the mapping is done correctly this should not be a huge problem and can be mapped around. Both item mention here do and will help the engine breath a lot bet so there fore be more efficient and help the boost to be turned down to an even safer level.

It would not be in WRC interest to sell and fit this package it they did not fill it was safe to do so. I have now covered over 7K with this fitted and mapped correctly and all is fine as I think Flirt & Captint will hopeful confirm after there test drive in my car.

Just one other thing Captint just curious why you think it is a bad move ?

Guest prescience

It's all about opinions as they say, and I don't agree with some of the above as I note - but, I'm really glad the WRC systems are working out better than G-Force.

I personally would be concerned about any level of boost even modest, on a stock exhaust and lean front-cylinder plenum - setting aside any overboost situations you might run into unknowingly down the line from e.g. lazy wastegate actuation; back-pressure and TT just make me nervous and the items mentioned would IMO be essentials for me

Also you would've thought it would not have been in G-Force's best interests to supply a system that they felt was not safe to do - not that I am comparing WRC to them, no way, so don't get me wrong.

Hi all

Just like to point out one or two thing. I do not have a plenum and the car is fine without it at the power level that WRC set the cars at. It is NOT an essential item at this power level. As for the exhaust Flirt (correct me if I am wrong) dose not have a standard system on his car. Even if this was the case as long as the mapping is done correctly this should not be a huge problem and can be mapped around. Both item mention here do and will help the engine breath a lot bet so there fore be more efficient and help the boost to be turned down to an even safer level.

It would not be in WRC interest to sell and fit this package it they did not fill it was safe to do so. I have now covered over 7K with this fitted and mapped correctly and all is fine as I think Flirt & Captint will hopeful confirm after there test drive in my car.

Just one other thing Captint just curious why you think it is a bad move ?

Hi Mark

This is not a snipe at your car, or setup, as you know, I was very impressed, however from an advisory perspective, which was also the recommendation of WRC, a true dual and a plenum as part of the package, I just can't see the point of spending all the money and risking the associated problems for the sake of a couple of grand. Re sus and brakes, it depends on how you drive I guess, but if your not going to push it, why would you go FI

Hi

Captint I was not taking it as a snip mate. I was just curious on why you thought this. I do agree that the plenum and zorst will help but I fill it is not essential.

The way I see things is that the kit fitted by G-Force & WRC are the same kit. The only difference would be the mapping and I know from past experience this is what can make or break an engine.

The WRC cars are mapped to a realistic and safe level and not just chasing head line BHP as I fill the G-Force car did.

This is just my thought

wow feel the heat!!

to be honest guys, i love a constructed debate so thankyou for your input. Thats why we are all on this forum, to discuss.

I will look into a plenum further, I may just get one its only £400 odd. B)

Hi

Captint I was not taking it as a snip mate. I was just curious on why you thought this. I do agree that the plenum and zorst will help but I fill it is not essential.

The way I see things is that the kit fitted by G-Force & WRC are the same kit. The only difference would be the mapping and I know from past experience this is what can make or break an engine.

The WRC cars are mapped to a realistic and safe level and not just chasing head line BHP as I fill the G-Force car did.

This is just my thought

Well here are my thoughts also. Note that I have fitted the plenum and the strut bar.

1. Without the plenum Car becomes piggy reach, due to the high volume injectors. I personally high suggest to proceed with the fitting. Car is quite smooth.

2. Out of the box, with the conservative map that Unichip provides, without any fine tuning car made 356WHP@6500RPM and 336ftlb@4900RPM @ 7psi. Refer also to the dyno sheet.

3. High flow cats are essential. I reached temps of 800C, at WOT. On national road I could not run the car above 180km, on sixth gear, without temp alarm.

4. High flow exhaust system is recommended by APS on their website. Especially for EU Vehicles. That's because the quality of Gas beeing used is far better than the one can be found in US. I personally use 100octane, gas, in order to eliminate knocking problems if any.

5. I am now on the building process of the motor. When I open the motor I found scratches on one crank pin bearing and one main. I strongly believe that high temp of oil decreased LO viscosity dramatically leading to near elimination of oil film. So take care of this parameter also. A LO cooler is not a bad idea. Carbon residues found also on top of pistons.

6. EGT, LO temp, and BOOST are the trhee gauges that I would highly recommend. The compression pressure of our motors is quite high for FI.

All theese derived from my personnal experience and the problems I have encountered during FI usage. Also Note that before I open the motor I did made a hard long 1000km test ride with my car, trying to see where are limits of the motor. Fortunately nothing happened apart from those already mentioned above. As I said I will be back when the built will be finished. My goal is 500WHP, which is quite safe and capable with the kit.