electric window still broken after motor replace.

dunc1n1101

hey folks,

just replaced my electric window motor and the window still isnt working!!!

Its still just exactly te same. There is no noise, no click, nothing at all when you push the button to activate the window.

I have checked the fuses under my bonnet but they all seem fine, so i think i need a new window swithch thing (see photo attached). It could also be that there is something wrong in the loom. I have one of that scredrivers that light up when you press it against something live. I could check the loom with this but I dont know which holes in the loom should make the screwdriver ight up!? Can anyone help me with this?

If I do need a new switch, does anyone know where I can get one?

Please bear in mind that my car is a JDM import.

Cheers

Why not link out the motor wires on the plug, if that drives the motor, then new switch, or strip down the switch and clean up the contact faces.

Or.....

:pmzmanalex:

What do you mean by link out the motor wires? Sorry, Im a total noob.

Do you really think stripping down the switch would work? Its worth a try I suppose.

The passenger side window doesnt work either. It has exctly the same problem.

cheers

There must be a plug that plugs into the switch box :shrug:

You will need to determine which wires are for the window, one will be a positive switched wire.

Basically put a piece of wire into the plug between to positive switched wire and whatever window you want to drive.

Hope that makes sense?

Have you a multimeter, to check if you have voltage at the plug?

Whats that module thingy that is quite fragile to dick about with?

Sounds like a fuse or a relay or dodgy switch.

Don't mean to be rude but have you checked ALL the fuses, there is a fuse box in the footwell and also one in the engine bay....

Don't mean to be rude but have you checked ALL the fuses, there is a fuse box in the footwell and also one in the engine bay....

ok, so i checked all the fuses in the footwell also. All the fuses in there are fine BUT there might be a few missing. I dont know which "holes" are supposed to have fuses in them and which ones link up to the windows as the diagram on the cover of the fuse box is in japanese!!! ha :wacko:

Im really getting frustrated with this. I would love to be able to try out what Zugara said but I dont want to start pulling out wires out of the loom without a clear diagram.

Can anyone help?

Has anyone experienced this?

Pleasse help me out folks, Im at my wits end!!!

Cheers

Dunc1n

ok, so i checked all the fuses in the footwell also. All the fuses in there are fine BUT there might be a few missing. I dont know which "holes" are supposed to have fuses in them and which ones link up to the windows as the diagram on the cover of the fuse box is in japanese!!! ha :wacko:

Im really getting frustrated with this. I would love to be able to try out what Zugara said but I dont want to start pulling out wires out of the loom without a clear diagram.

Can anyone help?

Has anyone experienced this?

Pleasse help me out folks, Im at my wits end!!!

Cheers

Dunc1n

Have you checked all the fuses in the engine bay by the battery?

I think there are a couple that just say 'electronic parts' might be one of those :shrug:

Ive checked all the fuses in the engine bay and in the footwell BUT I have read that there is a 3rd fusebox?! Is this true?

It HAS to be something to do with the fuses as both windows have exactly the same problem, like i said tho, I need a diagram of which fuse is which as all my diagrams are in japanese!? GRRR

Can anybody help with a diagram?

Thanks again folks