Wheels

philw99

Think I've decided on the wheels I want :) :

Rota grid drift 18, 8.5 front 9.5 rear Steel gray

Anyone got any comments or pics for me? Anything else I should look into?

Going for 18 because I think it will be better on the track plus cheaper tyres

8.5 front then wider on the back 9.5 to put the power down, make sense???

Going on a black 350

18s are indeed cheaper for tyres, but if you're considering them for track work, you really cant do any better than RAYS, lightest wheel you can get, bar Enkei RPF01s i believe.

If money is no object, WORKS Wheels every time :thumbs:

18s are indeed cheaper for tyres, but if you're considering them for track work, you really cant do any better than RAYS, lightest wheel you can get, bar Enkei RPF01s i believe.

Works are heavier than the rays as far as i'm aware. Works aren't that expensive either.

Incidentally there are some silly expensive and light magnesium wheels, just can't remember the name.

Works are heavier than the rays as far as i'm aware. Works aren't that expensive either.

Correct, Most of them are not Forged either.

Volks FTW B) (or Varrstoens :blush: )

Correct, Most of them are not Forged either.

Volks FTW B) (or Varrstoens :blush: )

Even volks aren't baller enough for me now ian :p Oh dear, all the wheel hoes coming out :p

I need to see how your r34 is coming along.

Found some great information on wheel offset. Just google Wheel offset diagrams help loads :teeth:

Now just a question of what's best for a standard z, want the wheels to sit flush in the wheel arch.

Thanks for the reply Cs

Most people would never go for 8.5 on the front, as they're not concave.

I would suggest 18x9.5 ET20 front and 18x10 ET15 rear. That will get you a good flush fit, and concave wheels all round.

Negative offsets will give you a headache for sure, unless you want to mess with the arches.