Bedding in

Builder49

Hi guys.

Had new tyres all round, plus discs and pads fitted today. How long would you recommend for bedding in all new components? Also had new Auxillary belts fitted, anything I should be aware of with that?

As usual, new owner appreciating your advice and assistance :)

Paul

Hello mate,

Aux belts will be fine from the off.

What disc/pads did you get - the manufacturer normally sets out the required bedding in procedure - usually involves braking from different speeds so you'll need some quiet road to do it on. They will work fine, but proper bedding in helps to get them working most effectively with the discs. Just allow a bit of distance initially though, til you get used to the their performance.

Tyres, depending on type it's usually 4-500 hundred miles of normal acceleration/braking/cornering, I think, to remove the protective coating - which ones did you get?

Tyres are Falken 452's on Manufacturers standard rims. Discs and pads I dunno, I trust my guy and he said they are to Nissan original spec, whatever that might mean?

Only drive as a weekender, not a daily as I have the Navara for that, so figured I didn't need anything flash???? Right or wrong on that?

Will check out the viewtopic link..

Thanks to both of you :thumbs:

Good choice on the tyres, I have those too and find them very good performance for price - of course will longer to bed them in as you are only using them at weekends. Nothing wrong with OEM discs and pads - you should have no problems. :)