maintaining an import

nixy

For those of you with imports - are there any problems when it comes to servicing or needing parts like brakes etc or are they just the same as the uk cars for this?

if you have a base model import , the brake calipers will be different to a UK model, But no problem with obtaining pads etc. :thumbs:

I've won! I'm going down the scary import route - i've found an importer who comes extremely highly recommended, ive googled him, spoken to him on the phone, emailed people who have used him and spoken to them so I've really checked into it. I can find nothing but very high praise for him on lots of jap forums. All in all it will be about May when I get the car once he's sourced one for me. The issue now is the loan - I can get one no problem but will be borrowing the whole lot and keeping the ctr until I get the Z so I need something really flexible or with front end deferred payments, so that's what I'm looking for now!

Glad you like the sig - he's not the prettiest car on this forum but what the hell...... :D

I've won! I'm going down the scary import route - i've found an importer who comes extremely highly recommended, ive googled him, spoken to him on the phone, emailed people who have used him and spoken to them so I've really checked into it. I can find nothing but very high praise for him on lots of jap forums. All in all it will be about May when I get the car once he's sourced one for me. The issue now is the loan - I can get one no problem but will be borrowing the whole lot and keeping the ctr until I get the Z so I need something really flexible or with front end deferred payments, so that's what I'm looking for now!

Glad you like the sig - he's not the prettiest car on this forum but what the hell...... :D

I'm sure someone will have said this to you ? , but here goes...

why not just buy one already in the country either from a dealer or privately, There are loads for sale at present and the really cheap prices asked dont make it worthwhile importing one unseen , in fact some prices I have seen you will be paying more to import one yourself than get one already in the country and fully sorted :)

Slightly biased opinion as this is what I did :blush: with my JDM..

I know exactly what you're saying, i've been looking at private sales, garages, auctions etc for months and not seen quite what I want. This importer says he will have no problem getting me exactly what I want colour wise, spec etc for my budget no problem. His reputation is that he only brings in the best quality. Then again, as you say, maybe by May I could get what I want fo the money anyway. Oh bugger, you've set me off again now - thinking, pondering, wondering, deciding...........

I know exactly what you're saying, i've been looking at private sales, garages, auctions etc for months and not seen quite what I want. This importer says he will have no problem getting me exactly what I want colour wise, spec etc for my budget no problem. His reputation is that he only brings in the best quality. Then again, as you say, maybe by May I could get what I want fo the money anyway. Oh bugger, you've set me off again now - thinking, pondering, wondering, deciding...........

come on then give us the full spec you want :) and budget ;)

Here goes, this importer (remember I've done as much checking up as I can and he's got an excellent rep) says he can get me a 2004 GT (ST) in sunset for 15k and that's the full drive away price. When I told him that's what I was looking for but thought my budget was too low he said that was absolutely no problem at that price. Your probably gonna say that's bull but if he can he can and if he can't I get the deposit back. I haven't seen one at that price in UK - if you have let me know!

perhaps when you found one nixy someone off here who lives by you can come and view it for you............. :)

and I tell you what, that's a really good idea - if anyone was close enough to my location or the car's location it would be great if I did find one here if they could come and test it out with me - who better to do that than someone who has one.

Here goes, this importer (remember I've done as much checking up as I can and he's got an excellent rep) says he can get me a 2004 GT (ST) in sunset for 15k and that's the full drive away price. When I told him that's what I was looking for but thought my budget was too low he said that was absolutely no problem at that price. Your probably gonna say that's bull but if he can he can and if he can't I get the deposit back. I haven't seen one at that price in UK - if you have let me know!

Black uk car £15.5k:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/131639.htm

Red 04 import £15k:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/132124.htm

Silver import with plenty of mods (Nismo exhaust and 2 inch rims) £15k:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/133452.htm

:thumbs:

EDIT:

This one looks mint if you could stretch a little. Lovely volks wheels as well!!!!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/127778.htm

The issue now is the loan - I can get one no problem but will be borrowing the whole lot and keeping the ctr until I get the Z so I need something really flexible or with front end deferred payments, so that's what I'm looking for now!

PM me. I'm a financial advisor if you need pointing in the right direction :thumbs:

I'm in Scarborough Nixy the Missus and I would gladly come and have a look with you. I have a UK spec car which I realise is different. The offer is there, just PM me nearer the time if you like.

Nick

that would be great - I'll bear it in mind.

Close but either not the right spec, colour or age. Feel free to keep looking though! ;)

Don't go for the Rust colour :nono::yuck: Plus Lomoto has one :p[/quote

I like it! Why do you think I can't find one at that price - because its the nicest colour! :p