Engine mounts - recommendation

docwra

So a few weeks ago I went up to Corby and visited these chaps: http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/ for some new engine mounts. There wasnt anything wrong with mine but I thought it wouldnt hurt to go with an upgrade, the guys wanted to do a little additional testing on a Z33 so everyone was a winner. :D

A few weeks on and I cant recommend them enough, they have sharpened up steering feel without introducing any harshness in the ride quality or dodgy vibrations - most of the time you dont even notice they are there, at least until you turn the wheel and and everything is noticeably more positive. The Zed has pretty stiff mounts as standard but these are uprated something like 300%, but arent harsh at all. :thumbs:

If you are consiudering it Id strongly recommend giving them a ring, these are top quality pieces of kit that do exactly what they say they will, backed up by a really friendly team of guys :thumbs:

I had vibra technic mounts on my clio. Increased turn in as said made the car tighter and feel more like "1". The Clio engine mounts are crap but the vibra technics where awesome. They took away the feeling of the engine being on a leash. They last forever too. They can make your car slightly faster to as all energy is sent to the wheels rather than being wasted rocking the engine.

Nice one Docwra :thumbs: I have solid mounts waiting to be fitted but have a stillen engine dampner on the car at present also with urethane transmission mounts and it did wonders for the often vague, difficult and imprecise OEM ger change especially under high engine load so i can relate to this.

I have been wary of how much NVH the solid mounts will add :surrender: but with all my suspension bushes urethane and soon to swap my diff and subframe bushes i guess i can't make it any worse :p

In anycase it will be nice if you can add a guide how you fitted this puppies. i may try to DIY as i have afew things to do under the car soon. And if i don't like the solids might give this a go :thumbs: