new exhaust but low oil pressure

nwilso

I have just had a cobra catback exhaust fitted with the carbon tips at exhaust uk and ever since noticed that my all pressure read out have dropped drastically.

The read outs before ran at normal ranges but now never gets over 30 psi no matter how hard i push the car. At idel it sits at around 10 and even when warm at full revs never goes above 30. This never was the case before and even though the car feels no different it really is worrying me as i am sure its not good for the engine.

On a positive the exhaust sounds great and with the roof down sounds amazing. I will post up a video tomorow of the read out and exhaust sounds.

I am not tecnical so please ignore if this is normal when getting a new exhaust but i did do a search and didn,t see this issue anywhere esle.

Speaking from far less experience than other members here, but if the oil was low enough to cause such a massive drop in pressure, wouldn't the oil warning light be on? is it on OP?

To me it seems more likely a duff oil pump or sender/gauge. I'd certainly avoid driving the car though, as those readings are way below the minimum pressures stated in the manual.

DB

Speaking from far less experience than other members here, but if the oil was low enough to cause such a massive drop in pressure, wouldn't the oil warning light be on? is it on OP?

To me it seems more likely a duff oil pump or sender/gauge. I'd certainly avoid driving the car though, as those readings are way below the minimum pressures stated in the manual.

DB

When the oil light comes on it is to late I am afraid.

Alex :)

I have checked oil a few times since noticing the drop in pressure and all seemed okay but the dip stick is so hard to read. I decided to add some OIL first thing as alex said and after just half a litre noticed an improvemnt on the pressure but still not 100%. So in went a another litre and hey presto all is back to normal range.

I can't belive that i have been running the car and its been 1.5 litres short, just hope i havn't done any damage :scare:

ALEX i think i am going to do a full change and make sure the levels are right so can you pm a price for some iol and a new filter. I don't track the car and its used every day so don't need anything special

Cheers for the quick response and help and i will get some pics and video of the new exhaust.

Nathan