Android TORQUE Car app

Richsouth

Hi guys. My reader arrived last week, and I've just got around to giving it a try. I actually opted for the USB rather than the bluetooth one, just so I could be confident in its connection.

I've tried the numerous bits of software that came with it, and non really work very well (some don't even pick up that I have the lead connected, some pick it up for a short while etc). I did get one working, but it was a demo version of another piece of software.

Does anyone have any recommendations for software I can run on the laptop to use this?

Cheers,

Ive been using these elm327 dongles for years to diagnose car problems for my friends & family. I tend to use proscan, or vagcom for vw/audi/seat. Not had need to try it on the 350z yet.

ProScan looks good, but you have to pay for that.

Anyone got any suggestions for good applications to use?

Cheers,

I'm just using the free android Torque app.....seems to do the trick

Don't have an iphone or an andriod phone, so need to try to find some software I can run on the laptop.

A cd came with it, but it had 3 bits of flakey software that didn't really work :(