OEM locking wheel nuts

Clarkie

Three quarters of the way through swapping disks and pads over i have somehow cleverly managed to snap my locking wheel nut key and am now unable to remove the wheels :doh:

Had a look for the part number with all the paperwork etc that came with the car but can't find it for love nor money.

Nipped up to the local Dealer and sadly they can't match the pattern to a part number. They're saying there's about a dozen different types of locking wheel nut patterns that came with it. One of the mechanics did give me a part number, but the parts guy wasn't too keen to go with that and recommended me hammer and chiselling them off and buying a complete new set instead.

My question is does anyone recognise this pattern and if so do you still have the code that came in the packet with it? Or shall i just get the hammer out and remove them the hard way :bangin:

419253_10150565008981150_514636149_9169460_1045060637_n.jpg

Thanks

Pete

My local dealer had a master set of keys with the many different types. He tried each one until the right one fitted then gave me the part no.

Is there another dealer you could try?

This is what happened to me too. There were two different boxes and we just went through the ones that 'looked right'. Got it on about the fifteenth go and ordered the part there and then.

My local dealer had a master set of keys with the many different types. He tried each one until the right one fitted then gave me the part no.

Is there another dealer you could try?

This is what happened to me too. There were two different boxes and we just went through the ones that 'looked right'. Got it on about the fifteenth go and ordered the part there and then.

Me too.

Be aware that the prices for these keys varies across dealers - IIRC one quoted about £40 but I bought one from another dealer for £18, I was surprised by the cost difference.

The technician checked all their keys against mine and gave me the part no. - if the tech at your dealer is being awkward about it have a word with the manager - they want to sell you a key don't they????