Stocks and Shares ISAs

HaydnH

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with products like this:

http://www.legalandgeneral.com/library/ ... 12_WEB.pdf

Cheers,

Haydn.

your post title says Stocks and shares Isa's but the product you attach is whats called a structured product and that is slightly different. reading through it the investment is still held in an Isa wrapper and therefore any gains would be tax free.

But putting gains and losses aside, according to the the investment it could terminate and pay out at any of the anniversary's. therefore provided I've understood it correctly whenever it terminates you would have to take your original investment back out, that may suit you if you have a short term investment strategy. but if your looking for long term gains a conventional stocks and shares Isa would possibly be better as you can make the annual contribution every year up to the limit for that year and you decide when you take the money out.

on the plus side this investment does offer some shielding towards downturns in the markets. I've held a structured product investment in the form of a guaranteed equity bond linked to an index (guaranteed to pay back at least the original investment) which was a 3.5 year term and it matures this Summer. due to the state of the markets over the last 3.5 years the index is currently sitting lower than when I first invested but at least I will get back my original investment.

My advice would be, not to take any of my advice or that of any one else on a car forum where it concerns your money and go and chat with a independant financial adviser, he will talk you through the various financial products available and explain the risks.. :thumbs: