Bridgestone Blowout!

Stew

Took the Zed for a blast yeterday and had a blowout on the way back from my run!

It's one way to get rid of the RE040s I suppose. Luckily I wasn't going fast at the time so I think my Rays wheel is ok. It was a passenger side rear tyre.

So, I will replace the pair (I don't believe in bodges) and my question is, should I replace to RE050s to match the front or should I just bite the bullet and replace all four?

Traders, please PM or post you're best price and I'll get back to the cheapest! They would need delivered to Aberdeen!

Pics will follow both of the Zed on the spacesaver and of the blown tyre!

Just off the phone to Andy and I'll have 4 Toyos on Wednesday. Top stuff.

Can someone post a pic of the spare wheel layout as I forgot how the jack and that sits as my mind was on other things when I took it all out!

Strange, those JPEGs look the wrong way round to me. Pilot sport 1s are the directional tyres (now discontinued). As far as I know PS2s are not available in 225/45Z18 yet.

Review here, and this is pretty much the cheapest place to get tyres (to quote a local tyre dealer "There's no point in ringing round, you won't get any cheaper than black circles").

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/michelin

Strange, those JPEGs look the wrong way round to me. Pilot sport 1s are the directional tyres (now discontinued). As far as I know PS2s are not available in 225/45Z18 yet.

Review here, and this is pretty much the cheapest place to get tyres (to quote a local tyre dealer "There's no point in ringing round, you won't get any cheaper than black circles").

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/michelin

I found that Blackcircles were about £25 per tyre more expensive than lots of places I tried for the Michelins.

Try mytyres or CostCo if you have membership. CostCo were offering 4 for the price of 3 a few weeks back. In the end however, I got mine fitted by a local garage in Northampton for about £600 all in, which was the cheapest I've found.

I have it on very good authority from some guys at work that the Michelins were the best tyres tested on the Zed after they tested various tyres at Mira during European development. However, unfortunately for us, our friends in Japan chose to stick with the Brigestones. Me thinks that might have a little bit to do with cost!!!