Kitchen Fitters - Bit of Help

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

In case anyone out there is a kitchen fitter or DIY expert.

I've bought a Built-Under-Base unit from MFI which has internal width 56.5cms. Overall height is 90cm to floor and its 72cm from worktop to top of legs - there's also the runners inside so that the effective height is 60cms.

Most of the bulit under base ovens say they are 59.5 wide but will these fit into the above or am I stuffed and have to go with MFI only

An unusual question I grant you - but maybe some helpful person knows the answer?

hi there....kitchen fitter here :yahoo:

all single ovens should fit into all kitchen manufacturers units...ithink the size you have will be the external dimensions and there should be a 10-15mm internal lip on both sides to allow you to screw the oven into the unit.

hope this make sense :D

paul

ok totally misread the first question :wacko:

i think the 0.5mm of a difference is just someone trying to make there job more interesting than it really is. im sure the unit will spread a little when you screw it to the units at either side of it - 600mm is the standard outer size of all cooker units

Guest prescience

Thanks guys.

The internal dimensions are 56.5 which when coupled with the unit sidewall comes to 59.5 (1.5 each side) so it's a lip issue and Im OK with MFI and B and Q

I was mis-sold and it is my fault, cos' I was warned trying to do stuff on the cheap

Ca va

lol i get loadsa customers trying to it on the cheap but at the end of the day you only get what you pay for......for example if you buy a cheap nasty kitchen which is usually harder to fit then i would charge you more money to fit it as it takes more time.

also - cheap tools = false econemy(man i cant spell??)

anyhooo goning to bed now...night all

Guest prescience

Thanks again Paul, should be able to get this sorted quick now.

Cut the worktops in today with the worktop jig and router for the "hidden" joints - once I get it bolted together, it's gonna look B)