Engine management light and ESP light

Topcat

Drove all of a mile today, both lights came on, but with was still running fine.

pulled over, turned off then restarted fine, EML still on but ESP was off, drove a few miles to the gym without a problem.

Then trying to restart an hour later took a few seconds till it kicked in to life. EML and ESP both on again, drives fine and revs freely.

Any ideas?

Had a 200 mile round trip yesterday, i usually do short journeys, so wondering if this could of had an effect?

Has MOT and service on thursday, so if anyone has any idea of a part i may need to order or what the mechaninc should be looking for would be of great help?

Cheers, Tom.

You need to read the CEL code.

You can either get this from plugging into a Scan tool. Or you can do the pedal dance and get the indicator lights to flash in sequence showing you the code.

Do you have HFC's fitted?

Have jap speed manifold and scorpion cat back i believe.

Have took it out for another spin, seems to have a few flat spots when changing in to second and giving it medium acceleration, but then smoothes out.

Will have a look for the pedal dance then, thanks.