Spotted at RJN

letank87

Just been to RJN motorsport to get some bits and saw a zed belonging to a guy called Giles from the dark side (reg ???3S0Z). According to Bob, he's a mod over there or something.

Sorry, no photos however I'm sure some of you guys will know the car. Thought the skirts and spoiler he had on it looked a bit tacky. Not to my taste I'm afraid :yuck:

Can I say that without...... :starwars: & :boxing::boxing::boxing:

:surrender:

Bob was also fitting a procharger to a gunmetal zed. Is it anyone's on here???

not 100% sure on details, all I know is that he used to have an APS TT kit, which blew last February (or thereabout). Now he decided to go NA but for the money spent in the rebuild and to get the extra 70hp..... FI wins hands down imo.

You should have flyered the car! :teeth:

I bet he would have loved that!

I could have sworn the skirts weren't nismo but I've just found this photo and they do look like it afterall! Strange that, cos I've always liked the nismo V1 kit above anything else! :blush:

Actually I must admit, apart from some of the styling, which was not my cup of tea, the car was pretty impressive and he's certainly got the right people working on it!

Guest prescience

It is just about a year - he's sure gonna have one hell of a bill :scare:

How would you insure that thing too, if it gets into an incident, God forbid, all the money will be gone. Madness :surrender:

Guest prescience

Please disagree with me. But IMO there is no amount of endeavour/money/grief that justifies keeping a 30k car off the road for a year. I say again - madness.

Val, I could ask you why you intend (SOMETIME) to put a FI-built kit on your car - at a cost of let's say 20K at a time at which your car will be worth 12k or thereabouts? :)

How do you insure it to (what you perceive to be) it's value?

Please disagree with me. But IMO there is no amount of endeavour/money/grief that justifies keeping a 30k car off the road for a year. I say again - madness.

Val, I could ask you why you intend (SOMETIME) to put a FI-built kit on your car - at a cost of let's say 20K at a time at which your car will be worth 12k or thereabouts? :)

mate I have no will to sell the Z so it's a very long term project.

£20k is debatable, for the route I'll take, when I take it, but that's a story for some other time :)

Once the car is paid off then I can start saving for FI done properly and get a runabout for everyday driving. I don't see me selling the Z anytime soon, hence I don't think of it as money being in it. I'm not sure Giles has actually had the car off the road for the whole year, maybe it's been on-off. Again afaik it's his toy and he doesn't drive it daily, so he's probably not bothered. Plus, being the OC chairman, surely pride comes into the equation? (ie modded it, FId, blown up, rebuilt instead of giving up and cut your losses ;) )

Plus, as I said if he can afford it, why not.

mate I have no will to sell the Z so it's a very long term project.

£20k is debatable, for the route I'll take, when I take it, but that's a story for some other time :)

Once the car is paid off then I can start saving for FI done properly and get a runabout for everyday driving. I don't see me selling the Z anytime soon, hence I don't think of it as money being in it. I'm not sure Giles has actually had the car off the road for the whole year, maybe it's been on-off. Again afaik it's his toy and he doesn't drive it daily, so he's probably not bothered. Plus, being the OC chairman, surely pride comes into the equation? (ie modded it, FId, blown up, rebuilt instead of giving up and cut your losses ;) )

Plus, as I said if he can afford it, why not.

But how long before you have paid the zed off so you can start??? :wacko: