KENWOOD DDX-4028BT / REAR CAM INSTALL – SUPERGUIDE

AFTERSHOX

Just wanted to say thank you AFTERSHOX. Just fitted my Kenwood head unit and wouldn't have been able to do it without your guide, it was very informative and all the pics really helped :D

shamoss - you are welcome my friend ! Glad you managed the installation job....... it's not so bad if you take your time, is it? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to give a BIG THANKS for this,

It was a doddle when following this guide through.

One thing i have found tho, is that the stereo is not as loud as it once was, but having full control over sub makes me happy :)

Thanks a lot :)

(FYI im using the same HU as the one in this blog)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Old thread I know, but when fitting a double din to a pre 2006 car, does the headunit still get mounted to the car and the dash clip over it (as in this guide). I've been doing this job today but I can't see (with a pre facelift car and the adaptors I have) how to do this ; it appears I need to remount the headunit onto the dash facia, and put it all back in as one, as with the factory unit. ?

Anyone with experience of this, would appreciate to hear. Thanks

Old thread I know, but when fitting a double din to a pre 2006 car, does the headunit still get mounted to the car and the dash clip over it (as in this guide). I've been doing this job today but I can't see (with a pre facelift car and the adaptors I have) how to do this ; it appears I need to remount the headunit onto the dash facia, and put it all back in as one, as with the factory unit. ?

Did you get the dash kit for the Double din unit?

Iv got a 2006 and I had to fit it to the console plastics

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Absolutely fantastic guide. A massive, massive thank you. I have a 2008 HR and guide was spot on.

I decided to go for a single din with no reversing camera.

I bought my stuff straight from the InCarTec website. I bought the 29-674 and 50-306 (Dec 2015). Came with a universal steering wheel control adapter that required assembling to match whatever brand headunit you have. Only modification needed was additional length to the earthing cable (which came joined to all relevant earths so had no mods required like older versions) and new eyelet so I could earth to gear stick surround. And an aerial adapter from halfords so that the older Nissan connection could attach to my new headunit.

image_zps9nwd966k.jpeg

image_zpsuaxajbpw.jpeg

Edited by matt89

• 6 months later...