Tax disc issue

Dynamic Turtle

Hi,

The dealer I bought the Z from has given me 6 months insurance with the car (+ a host of other goodies). However, he left the previous owner's tax disc in the car too, which expires at the end of the year. It relates to his private plate, rather than the one that's currently on the car and registered in my name.

Can I return in to the DVLA in exchange for some Moolah, or would they send the check to the registered address for the private plate (i.e. the previous owner's home)?

Apologies if this is a noddy question...

DT

DVLA will have printed another tax disc with the new reg as opposed to the private plate. They might have sent it to the previous owner together with the V5 with the new reg on it. They should have passed it back to the dealer to put on the car.

Just gone through this myself at the begining of Jan. The dealer sent me a cheque for it and got the money off the new owner for the tax that was left.

The one with the private plate on will have been cancelled and so will be worthless.

You need to talk to the dealer.