Leather On Passenger seat

Leenx

Hey guys,

Not been on here for a while - but need some advice again.

The leather on the passenger seat ( where the bum sits!) seems to be getting more and more crinkled by the day - not fading but beginning to get folds etc.. Can't be my gfriend as she ways next to nothing and she and hardly anyone else sits there! Now unless I've got a phantom thief who likes having kips in my car whilst I'm at work I'm completely baffled what's causing this?

The only treatment I've used on the leather is the Autoglym stuff but have only put on two times in the year that I've owned the car.

Anyone know whats causing this? and what's on the market if anythng to help the problem?

Cheers all!

I've heard of a couple of members getting their seats replaced because of bagger leather. One member gave up the battle and replaced the seats with some aftermarket items.

Depending on how old the car is it may be worth a chat with the warranty department.

Because mines an import and is a 52 plate - warranty won't unfortunately come into it. Have thought about getting an aftermarket one, but because mine is an import and has heated electric seats will the replacement have to be an identical swap?

Thanks

oh no that's way too expensive, surely you don't advocate a full retrim instead of patching up the damaged part only? :teeth: not all members are as rich as you H5 you know ;):teeth:

Hardly!! ;)

It's not that expensive as noted above. But if a job is worth doing.....!! :D;)

Bloody hell haven't updated that for ages

now do you think I'd put pics of my car on the net if I didn't want people to see them? :rolleyes::lol:

oh yeah go on, vote it one star... be mature! :thumbs::lol: you'll hurt me so much I think I'll go away crying :( I'll be sooooooo offended! :lol:

It's all down to cheapo seats IMO...... ;)

You mean there are ppl here with non-forged seats in their car? :headhurt:

all about priorities mate, you keep spending £2500 (or the equivalent in Euros) in your GT pack, that's a smart buy indeed! :lol::thumbs:

I probably wouldn't do it again. Better to put in a nice aftermarket stereo and have a retrim in some decent quality leather in a colour other than charcoal or orange. I hate the orange perforations in my seats. :thumbdown: But I do love having a warm butt on a cold morning......

Anyone remember who had that gorgeous tan leather retrim on the old site? B)