Camber problems

Allan Zada

Hi, I have take my zed for a 4wa and have a problem. They could not get my camber correct on the nsf wheel and the car pulls to the left slightly. I left the car with them for a couple of days and they just get it in.

The car has 4 new tyres fitted on standard 18" rays with standard suspension. I have looked over the car but cant see anything bent or any play in the bushes. Has any one had this problem before or is there any known issues?

Thanks

Hi, I have take my zed for a 4wa and have a problem. They could not get my camber correct on the nsf wheel and the car pulls to the left slightly. I left the car with them for a couple of days and they just get it in.

The car has 4 new tyres fitted on standard 18" rays with standard suspension. I have looked over the car but cant see anything bent or any play in the bushes. Has any one had this problem before or is there any known issues?

Thanks

Did you get a proper 4 wheel alignment carried out.?

Did they set up the rear first?

If the guys are on the money then there must be an underlying issue if the front camber is outwith OEM tollerences.

You say that " They could not get my camber correct on the nsf wheel "

What do you mean by that? as the front OEM camber arms are non adjustable in OEM format.

It would help to provide informed advice if you could post up a graph of the before and after geometry settings which the garage should have given you. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Thanks

Did you get a proper 4 wheel alignment carried out.?

Did they set up the rear first?

If the guys are on the money then there must be an underlying issue if the front camber is outwith OEM tollerences.

You say that " They could not get my camber correct on the nsf wheel "

What do you mean by that? as the front OEM camber arms are non adjustable in OEM format.

It would help to provide informed advice if you could post up a graph of the before and after geometry settings which the garage should have given you. :thumbs:

Hi, Alex thanks for the advice. I know the 4wa machine they use is a hunter which i believe starts at the rear. As i understand it they can get the nsf camber just under 1'20" but then the pulling to the left problem is worse so i think it is set it to 1'24" now. I have the 4wa sheets at work will bring them home and scan them on here.

The place I went is the same place my work uses (i work in a main dealer) for there 4wa as we dont have one on site. They are normally good but I have had to send cars back for a second attempt as they were pulling :bang:

I wonder if there is any movement in the front sub frame that might help. To be honest i do wonder if just a bit time and patience would get it sorted.

Can anyone recommend some place really good in the Buckingham area?

Thanks again

The only way that they could move the front camber adjustment is by tweeking the rear. :thumbs:

Any wear or tear on the bushes etc should be fairly obvious.

The camber tollerences for the front is Min -1 degree 20' Max 0 degree 10'

Is your final setting -1 degree 24' or 1 degree 24' ?

If your cambers are reading -1deg24min and -1deg20min, then i would not worry about it. This tiny amount of extra camber on one wheel and will not effect things.

I would expect the car is pulling to one side due to the toe being out

whats the toe measurements?

:thumbs:

Uneven caster can cause the car to pull as well. That can be caused by knackered compression arm bush / bushes.

We'd be happy to take a look at the car - we've got comp arm bushes in stock, if required, and have a full 4-wheel laser alignment setup. We are about an hour away from Buckingham.

Those numbers are acceptable for road use :thumbs:

Just keep an eye on the left front for uneven tyre wear, however it should be okay. :thumbs:

Thanks Zmanalex, that's good to hear.

That's what i was going to do as i dont so many miles to be honest. (only live 5 miles from work)

Hopefully be going on a couple of track days though this year.

Going to need some brakes of you first though :thumbs: