Rear light failed - ideas

Mega

Hi chaps.

So I had been meaning to change the rear bulb for about a month.

Gave it a go last night. Second I took the light off water POURED out of the rear corner where it was broken on the bottom (uh oh... )

Change the bulb, light her up. No dice. Nothing.

Think it might have shorted the terminal or corroded it.. No idea really :S

So first of all any ideas if it could just be a fuse or so? Driver side rear light cluster. Or is it going to be the wiring?

doh..

I often get this with my Skylines and Subarus, it'll probably just be a corroded terminal. Take the bulb back out and clean up the inside of the holder, that should do the trick but don't forget you'll need to find why it's leaking. If that doesn't work try testing the holder for live & earth, the live section is the bit in the middle then earth at the side :thumbs:

Cheers

How would I go about cleaning up the inside of the terminal, just rubbing contact cleaner into it ?

As for why it's leaking I don't care as the car is getting exchanged next week :D I just want the light to work so they don't notice. Bwehehe.

I would be wanting to find out why its full of water, it shouldn't be and not read of this happening before

I would say the answer to that was....

Second I took the light off water POURED out of the rear corner where it was broken on the bottom

The terminals are possibly corroded, you might be able to use a bit of sand paper to clean them up, or check if the fuse has blown.

Applying some logic to the situation it's almost certainly the terminal.

Re: fuse: Would there be an independant fuse for just one of the tail lights? I'd have assumed both corners would go in that case. but if it's something to check: Let me know.

I would be wanting to find out why its full of water, it shouldn't be and not read of this happening before

I would say the answer to that was....

Second I took the light off water POURED out of the rear corner where it was broken on the bottom

The terminals are possibly corroded, you might be able to use a bit of sand paper to clean them up, or check if the fuse has blown.

aaahhh didnt read that bit :blush: ]

think light needs replacing, it will only happen again. Time to upgrade to some LED ones B)

think light needs replacing, it will only happen again. Time to upgrade to some LED ones B)

+1 or put up a wanted thread, there must be quite a few members who have some lying about after upgrading to led's. ;)

He is trading it in next week so I think that is probably something the new owner will have to worry about :lol:

+1 or put up a wanted thread, there must be quite a few members who have some lying about after upgrading to led's. ;)

He is trading it in next week so I think that is probably something the new owner will have to worry about :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

A bit of sellotape then ;):lol: