lowering

david 164

yes i know there are lots of springs with different poundages and lengths,just wondered if anyone on here had gone lower on the back than the front without fitting adjustable shox,when i was racing we wasnt allowed to use adjustable shox so we used to pack the springs with rubber spacers,so guess if i got 30mm all round could pack the front a bit with rubber spacer to lift it a bit,im waiting for the deluge of nooooooo dont do that now haha

why not buy a set of lowering springs and then decide? If you lower the rear more than the front theres a chance you will massively upset the balance of the car. I run rake on mines with a higher rear end to dial out some of the understeer my car has, only by a few mm.

has anybody lowered the rear of the zed slightly more than the front just with springs?as i think the back sits slightly higher,just wondered if there is a set up for this,ie 30mm back and 25mm front???? any ideas??????

Hmm, The Tein springs which are pretty popular around here do this the other way around, ie 17mm front and 14mm rear.

Pete