diagnostics check? glasgow area

WWTC

If its any help mate, i always run my car on 99 ron momentum. All my driving was short journeys ( less than 2 miles) my car was in tip top condition with full up to date service history.

If i put £40 worth of petrol in i would get around 132 miles. I only put up with it as i only done 3000 miles a year in the zed! :)

I also stay near glasgow so due to bad weather i also was driving carefully.

+1 on Mark at The Garage, originally recommended to me by Neilp and have used for all servicing and mods since, have the car going in next friday for a couple of new additions.

I wouldnt actually go to the garage, heard a few horror stories with them. Just my opinion tho :)

What stories mate?

I've used the garage and they had been brilliant always.

Bissett had issue with an exhaust fitting but that's the only one I've heard.

His rates are great and ive know people who have also used him for 10-15 years with there skylines etc.

Just intrigued to know what is going on incase the wools been pulled over my eyes.

If its any help mate, i always run my car on 99 ron momentum. All my driving was short journeys ( less than 2 miles) my car was in tip top condition with full up to date service history.

If i put £40 worth of petrol in i would get around 132 miles. I only put up with it as i only done 3000 miles a year in the zed! :)

So my mpg seems reasonable to u mate? as i said, im strugglin to get 100 miles out of £50/8gallons. I'll fill up with momentum a few times, see if that helps iron things out.

So my mpg seems reasonable to u mate? as i said, im strugglin to get 100 miles out of £50/8gallons. I'll fill up with momentum a few times, see if that helps iron things out.

No mate i think your fuel economy is really bad. I would expect around 165 miles for £50. All cars are different mate!

Im not the most technical person but as you've went from 95 ron to 99 ron, it might help if you reflash your ecu. I think you can do this by disconnecting the battery???

I think this gives you the benefits of the 99 ron sooner rather than having to go through a few tanks of fuel before your engine adjusts for the higher octane.

I might be wrong about this probably better asking someone who knows a bit more about it. ;)

+1 on Mark at The Garage, originally recommended to me by Neilp and have used for all servicing and mods since, have the car going in next friday for a couple of new additions.

I wouldnt actually go to the garage, heard a few horror stories with them. Just my opinion tho :)

+1.

I had Mark from The Garage on the phone recently and to be perfectly honest I was appalled by his attitude and his bully boy tactics.

This was all over poor quality workmanship that they had administerd to a job that I was connected to.

So unfortunately I can no longer recommend The Garage.

AVOID

Alex. :)

Its not reflashing but resetting bug yeah your pretty much there.

Is this the same as "the pedal dance", which im still not sure actually worked as i had no engine management lights on, so im not sure it reset. I basically disconnect and the reconnect my battery?

No mate i think your fuel economy is really bad. I would expect around 165 miles for £50. All cars are different mate!

Im not the most technical person but as you've went from 95 ron to 99 ron, it might help if you reflash your ecu. I think you can do this by disconnecting the battery???

I think this gives you the benefits of the 99 ron sooner rather than having to go through a few tanks of fuel before your engine adjusts for the higher octane.

I might be wrong about this probably better asking someone who knows a bit more about it. ;)

Thats what i thought, im using far too much fuel. Its worrying me a bit to be honest :(

Is this the same as "the pedal dance", which im still not sure actually worked as i had no engine management lights on, so im not sure it reset. I basically disconnect and the reconnect my battery?

I think you leave it disconnected for a while mate. Make sure you have your radio code just incase.

Better asking someone exactly how its done.

I only had my zed for 9 months before i traded it in, ive always had turbos before ( vxr's) therefore im more informed when talking about the vxr range.

I think my next performance car will be a turbo again, i found my vxr's only ate fuel when you where giving it some :drive1 . The rest of the time i got the same mpg as a normal 2.0L.

I found the zed just ate fuel all the time irrespective of how it is driven.

Im still really glad i bought it though as soon big engines will be a thing of the past. :)

You didn't do it right then. You can read codes by found it but one extra step resets it.

Sorry mate, i think i may have explained that wrong. When i went through the steps, i got the engine management light flashing etc, in terms of codes, i counted 10 slow, 3 x 10 fast, then 10 x slow = no fault code. When i said "i had no engine management light on" earlier, i meant i had no warning light or anything before i started the process, so i cant be sure i completed the full process correctly as i have no way of knowing really, do i? Its the first time ive heard of it, or actually done it, so its fair to say im not 100% on it just yet.

In terms of my actual fuel consumption, i have come to the conclusion that this may well be a temporary thing.... Before, when using .95, £50 got me about just over half a tank, and around 140miles (around town). Ive switched to momentum, £50 got me just under half a tank, and only 100 around town. I think its fair to assume, and i hope some on here can confirm this, that until i fill the tank a few times and flush the engine completely with .99, the car wont feel the benefits of the premium fuel. My mate has a skyline :thumbdown: , he says the cars basically runnin like it has .95 in it, and because im gettin less fuel per £, my mileage is being hit hard. Once its had a few tanks of .99, it should run better, MPG should go up, engine seem quieter etc

Sound reasonable??? :bangin::drive1:bangin:

You didn't do it right then. You can read codes by found it but one extra step resets it.

Sounds good to me, hope your mileage goes up as i wouldnt want it to spoil your enjoyment of your new car.

Let me know how you get on once you've filled up a few times. :drive1

Oh im not sure anything could spoil it mate, its costing me, but i still pinch myself every time o start it up. When the summer comes, and those tyres start stickin a little more, i'll be n heaven.

I'll you posted mate :thumbs: