Clutch and flywheel

Flex

Is it worth buying the above cheap if found second hand one and they are in good nick? Or go for peace of mind and buy new?

Also for day to day use is it worth upgrading to a better non OEM brand for these parts?

Having read how much a new clutch is I can't help but want to save a few pennies but that's because I'm a tight @rse.

Fankyou in advance x

A clutch is a wear-and-tear-item; if you use it it will eventually die. It would be a bit like buying used brake pads; they might be cheaper than hew ones, but they'll last half as long. Also with the clutch being such a crucial part of the car, i wouldn't want one that someone else had potentially abused. Buy a new decent clutch and it could well last the life of the car.

Unfortunately Zed ownership aint cheap, parts are expensive and they have a thirst for super unleaded, pretty much just the way it is i'm afraid.

DB

A clutch is a wear-and-tear-item; if you use it it will eventually die. It would be a bit like buying used brake pads; they might be cheaper than hew ones, but they'll last half as long. Also with the clutch being such a crucial part of the car, i wouldn't want one that someone else had potentially abused. Buy a new decent clutch and it could well last the life of the car.

Unfortunately Zed ownership aint cheap, parts are expensive and they have a thirst for super unleaded, pretty much just the way it is i'm afraid.

DB

I know and agree whole heartedly, I just wanted to thrash it out. Thanks for replying buddy.

Got to be brand new mate and a decent brand at that. :thumbs:

It will cost you approximately £200.00 labour to swop out the fly and clutch so you do not want to do it twice.

The Exedy clutch kit is the way to go married up to a Fidanza single mass fly or the OEM Nissan dual mass fly.

Have a look at these links and if you have any queries then just drop me a PM.

I have all these in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27436

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31543

Alex :)

Definately go new - fitting used parts would not be a good idea.

We also have these in stock for next day delivery - and we can fit it required too :) (we're just off J13 of the M4)

Flywheel: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php ... s_id=25434

Clutch: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php ... s_id=25430

Give us a call or order online.