Brake options - Help

robin c

Its that time again new discs and pads.....

When I had my last 350z GT(DE) I replaced Brembo with EBC discs oem spec with yellow stuff pads. I did three track days and all the discs needed replacing..Sore subject. Needless to say I dont want to go do this route again.

I have now covered 27k in the 350z (GT)HR. The discs have lips all round and the pads are starting to get low again. I havent taken this Zed on the track and dont plan on either.

I would like to keep the oem look, so ideally no grooves, dimples or holes. I have had these types of discs on previous performance cars and personally dont think they make much difference for road driving.

I have seen possible replacment discs for front and rear. They are made by Stoptech.

Has anybody had any experience of this make?

Can anyone suggest any other OEM alternatives?

I plan to mate them to red stuff pads / Brembo pads all round as these worked well last time on the old Zed with oem brembo disks.

IMO think the yellow stuff were to abrasive on the disc. Might have been bad combo?

I also dont want low speed braking squeals like I used to get on the Ferrodos DS (but by heak were these the best tried so far).

Open to suggestions....

I have a medium budget as I also need two new rear RE50A's..

Its that time again new discs and pads.....

When I had my last 350z GT(DE) I replaced Brembo with EBC discs oem spec with yellow stuff pads. I did three track days and all the discs needed replacing..Sore subject. Needless to say I dont want to go do this route again.

I have now covered 27k in the 350z (GT)HR. The discs have lips all round and the pads are starting to get low again. I havent taken this Zed on the track and dont plan on either.

I would like to keep the oem look, so ideally no grooves, dimples or holes. I have had these types of discs on previous performance cars and personally dont think they make much difference for road driving.

I have seen possible replacment discs for front and rear. They are made by Stoptech.

Has anybody had any experience of this make?

Can anyone suggest any other OEM alternatives?

I plan to mate them to red stuff pads / Brembo pads all round as these worked well last time on the old Zed with oem brembo disks.

IMO think the yellow stuff were to abrasive on the disc. Might have been bad combo?

I also dont want low speed braking squeals like I used to get on the Ferrodos DS (but by heak were these the best tried so far).

Open to suggestions....

I have a medium budget as I also need two new rear RE50A's..

Here you go Robin: :thumbs:

I can supply plain genuine Nissan OEM Brembo rotors if you wish, however the DBA rotors listed in the links below are cheaper and better :thumbs:

Any questions just drop me a pm mate :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=46541

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31541

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=55106

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=55107

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438

All the above are in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Alex. :)

If the Ferrodo's were squeeling, sounds like they weren't riding the rotar correctly, or a lack of copper grease.

I've found the Ferrodo's to be excellent, no noise, minimal brake dust, and perform well cold or hot.

I had them out the calipers twice to check they won't dragging / stones etc on the disc and used copper grease, not loads tbh.

Checked run out etc. Think it must be luck of the draw.

Maybe they just needed more of a beasting during bed in. :teeth:

Shall drop zmanalex a pm see what he can do.

Big thanks to Alex.

Went dba's front and rear with Brembo pads f+r.

They certainly look & feel well engineered & manufactured . Even by Oz standards :D

Hopefully will get them on the Zed next weekend and look forward to giving them a work out down the Windsor relief road (bedding in road).

Money well spent! Cheers.