Brakes binding

Daryl

During the really cold weather a few weeks back,i noticed that when i got in my car after work,it would take a small amount more effort to get going,then id hear a strange pop sound and all would be good again. Its started to happen more regularly now,when ever the car is stationary for a long period of time,its seems to want to do it. Is it common for this to happen?

I have DS2500 pads,and DBA grooved rotors. Has anyone else had this issue at all?

I used to get this with my old Brembo discs. If the weather was wet when parking up after a few days of being parked up the pads would stick to the disc and it would take some extra throttle to pull away for the first time along with the associated clunk as the brakes release.

When I changed the disc front discs I found outlines of the pad in rust on the inside of both front discs and not surprisingly the inner pads were difficult to remove It would seem that the inner pads had become rusted on to the disc somehow :scare: Perhaps this is what you are experiencing. I only had this happen during cold, damp weather and leaving the car parked up for a day or two.

If I leave the car stationary over the weekend and it's been quite cold I get a clunk/thud sometimes when I first move off, never really thought anything of it. Just assumed it's down to not moving for a couple of days and being really cold!