Pros and Cons of 18's, 19's and 20's

captint

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind the EDFC does not alter the ride height only the damping.

Ride height is adjusted with the rings on the strut and is not a two minute job, plus each time you alter ride height geometry needs adjusting to suit.

With regard to wheel size if you check out any of the serious machines in Japan you will see that 18'' is the prefered setup for track work.

We have used both 19'' and 18'' and the car definately responds better on 18''

I am aware that it is always difficult to stick with the same size wheel when you want to change because your instinct tells you that you should be making a visual statement but the correct stance can be achieved with the correct suspension and 18's most people are convinced we run on 19's looking at pics of our car but 18's they are.

dsc8055tv4.jpg

DSC_8032.jpg

Ride height is adjusted with the rings on the strut and is not a two minute job, plus each time you alter ride height geometry needs adjusting to suit.

With regard to wheel size if you check out any of the serious machines in Japan you will see that 18'' is the prefered setup for track work.

I am aware that it is always difficult to stick with the same size wheel when you want to change because your instinct tells you that you should be making a visual statement but the correct stance can be achieved with the correct suspension and 18's most people are convinced we run on 19's looking at pics of our car but 18's they are.

dsc8055tv4.jpg

DSC_8032.jpg

Nothing wrong with the aesthetics of that car, Phil! :thumbs:

I was thinking on getting the rotas and suspension but I was kind of waiting for them to release 19s. If the car handles better on 18s then get a set of these and have some 19s too. Really fancy 19s and the rotas for tracking or fast roading (much fatter than rays!)

Stop it I really like the Rotas, just worried that they will not look as hot as 19's, even though that should not be the main thought, not saying your car doesnt look awesome Phil.

See now I am confused with choice again

Marc if i were you, i would go with the 18" rotas!!! I think they are stunning, great price, light and did i say great price???? :thumbs::thumbs:

Digsy they look FAT!!!!!!

What tyres do you have on them?

It's not mine, mate! It's off a yank site. Some lovely 18" wheels I had to pass by because they don't come in a 19"!

They are a bit too fussy for me, i like plain looking alloys as the 350z has lovely curves and too much fuss on the wheels detracts from the car itself i feel. However the profile on them are really nice and the tyres are lovely.

As i said before id go with the nismo replicas, light and cheap :thumbs:

Stop it I really like the Rotas, just worried that they will not look as hot as 19's, even though that should not be the main thought, not saying your car doesnt look awesome Phil.

Marc if i were you, i would go with the 18" rotas!!! I think they are stunning, great price, light and did i say great price???? :thumbs::thumbs:

Yeah I think they rock and I think wide looks the business. Need to sort this out in my head, looks like after all, zorst, wheels and brakes will come from the UK, everything else will be from the US, have to take advantage of the pathetic dollar while I can. You can get so much more for your money

Yeah I think they rock and I think wide looks the business. Need to sort this out in my head, looks like after all, zorst, wheels and brakes will come from the UK, everything else will be from the US, have to take advantage of the pathetic dollar while I can. You can get so much more for your money

Sounds like you are doing what i do, have so many ideas and plans and cant decide what to do, haha. :teeth:

Best bet is to leave it a week then come back to it and see what you feel like, or just jump right in and hope for the best. :thumbs:

amen to that.

with my wider 18" (and much lighter) and my suspension setup the improvement in handling has been SUBSTANTIAL, and that's just on UK roads, so far. Not tried it anywhere else like tracks, but expect even better results there.

amen to that.

with my wider 18" (and much lighter) and my suspension setup the improvement in handling has been SUBSTANTIAL, and that's just on UK roads, so far. Not tried it anywhere else like tracks, but expect even better results there.

What have you got dude?

It's not mine, mate! It's off a yank site. Some lovely 18" wheels I had to pass by because they don't come in a 19"!

proper wheels don't come in 19" ;):teeth: Double six are awesome btw B) cost a fortune too :teeth:

proper wheels don't come in 19" ;):teeth: Double six are awesome btw B) cost a fortune too :teeth:

Volk are doing 20" now :scare: but they're rubbish of course, eh Val? :p

What have you got dude?

WORK Mesiter S2R 2 piece forged, 18x9 and 18x10. Tokico dspec dampers and RSR titanium springs. Only drop the Z 10mm (and it's already too muhc with my kit...) but the change in handling is very noticeable.

I trust in a good way, what width are your front tyres

245 and 275 rears.

Volks are good, but (and this is just my opinion) you shouldn't go over 19" (and these already affect handling more than you think).

Perfect wheel for me for both styling and performance has to be:

FORGED

lightweight

strong

unique design (that excludes 5 spokes for me as everyone has 5 spokes)

reputable brand

must fill the arches

with a decent lip :teeth:

245 and 275 rears.

Volks are good, but (and this is just my opinion) you shouldn't go over 19" (and these already affect handling more than you think).

Perfect wheel for me for both styling and performance has to be:

FORGED

lightweight

strong

unique design (that excludes 5 spokes for me as everyone has 5 spokes)

reputable brand

That sounds ok. Not too much of a list there!