Decat vs sports cat

richiep350

Just wondering if there's a massive difference between the two?

I was thinking of fitting a decat the 350 but it just means effort of refitting the cats when it comes to an MOT, so does fitting the sports cat give the same free flowing as the decat?

Thanks

R1ch

My car has the usual set of N/A bolt-ons (spacer, '06 airbox, milltek) and i went for the HFCs rather than decats. I got a pretty respectable 307bhp out of that, and other cars i've seen with decats instead have only made literally 2 or 3 more ponies.

Factor in that under the new MOT rules it will actually be full on illegal to have decats fitted to a car which had cats originally (not just because it will fail emissions like previous years, the act of removing the cats will now render the car 'unroadworthy') and i really don't see the point in risking being caught out by that for the sake of 2bhp and a bit of noise. If you has a full on FI setup then it might make more of a difference, but with a more or less stock car everything i've seen suggests HFCs are the way forward.

DB

My car has the usual set of N/A bolt-ons (spacer, '06 airbox, milltek) and i went for the HFCs rather than decats. I got a pretty respectable 307bhp out of that, and other cars i've seen with decats instead have only made literally 2 or 3 more ponies.

Factor in that under the new MOT rules it will actually be full on illegal to have decats fitted to a car which had cats originally (not just because it will fail emissions like previous years, the act of removing the cats will now render the car 'unroadworthy') and i really don't see the point in risking being caught out by that for the sake of 2bhp and a bit of noise. If you has a full on FI setup then it might make more of a difference, but with a more or less stock car everything i've seen suggests HFCs are the way forward.

DB

Very good point! This is going to sound stupid but what's the HFC's :blush: lol! i assume its a make of sports cat?

Cheers

Tarmac up there sells em :thumbs:

HFC's or sport cats are less restrictive than normal cats but not as free flowing as decats. So you will see gains but not quite as much as with decats. Its all a balance. Better HFCs will be more free flowing and closer to decats than cheaper ones due to better design and material meaning they can flow better.

We carry Berk HFc's in stock and we can carry out the Uprev remap in-house dyno.

Berk Race cats deals;

350Z DE/REV up berks are £400-00 inc vat

350Z HR/370z berks are £435-00 inc vat

we will fit these free of charge is you book at UPREV remap at the same time and even give you £25-00 off of the Uprev price.

so to supply fit and remap a DE/REV up will be £777-00 inc VAT

HR/370Z will be £812-00 inc VAT

Any questions ask away and we arent to far from you.