cracked windscreen

SteveM

was having a great weekend... out and about with the roof down in the lovely crisp winter countryside when a bleedin great stone flicked up by a passing car hits the windscreen and cracks it from one side to the other :thumbdown:

i guess its better it hit glass than bodywork but still

anything i need to know about how much of a pain in the backside replacing a roadster screen is before i call the insurance and arrange for someone to come out? thankfully this should only cost me £75 excess but still

Autoglass came and replaced my windscreen - eversince then i have a smear right in the drivers eye line :rant:

have changed wiper blades - tried bending the arms - have cleaned with every know toxic chemical going - still cannot get rid!!

morale of the story - double check the wipers yourself before they leave!!!

its covered under my policy and i only have to pay £75 excess for the change with no effect on my bonus or insurance elsewhere. its national windscreens that i have to use.

just wondered if there are any complications with it being a convertible and if there are any things to watch out for and make sure the windscreen guys dont muck up or break

its covered under my policy and i only have to pay £75 excess for the change with no effect on my bonus or insurance elsewhere. its national windscreens that i have to use.

just wondered if there are any complications with it being a convertible and if there are any things to watch out for and make sure the windscreen guys dont muck up or break

i had the windscreen on my S2k done and its just the same as on a n ormal car.

smash window, rip out, remove seals, apply seals to new glass, apply adhesive, fit to car. leave to cure, clean and leave.