Handling changes

Rainman

Hi All,

Having driven about 150 miles in my 350Z I'm getting the feel for it that you just can't get when test driving. My overal impression of the handling is fairly positive, but it's a long way from perfect.

A couple of things I notice are the slow-ish steering and that I can make the traction controll come on in the mildest of open-sweepers with only mild throttle input. It's currently on standard 18" rims shod with Bridgestone Potenza REO50As

Phil

Hello Phil, I am a newbie and I know what you mean about getting the sense of the car. My advice is that before you start buying bits and pieces get your steering alignment checked with lasers equip then go from there. At Abbey Motorsports I got them to do this and there was a huge difference - cruise missile :D Mike

Hi All,

Having driven about 150 miles in my 350Z I'm getting the feel for it that you just can't get when test driving. My overal impression of the handling is fairly positive, but it's a long way from perfect.

A couple of things I notice are the slow-ish steering and that I can make the traction controll come on in the mildest of open-sweepers with only mild throttle input. It's currently on standard 18" rims shod with Bridgestone Potenza REO50As

Phil

Hello Phil, I am a newbie and I know what you mean about getting the sense of the car. My advice is that before you start buying bits and pieces get your steering alignment checked with lasers equip then go from there. At Abbey Motorsports I got them to do this and there was a huge difference - cruise missile :D Mike

Just checked the pressure and the rears were at 42 psi ! :dry:

Had a chat with the guys at Abbey this afternoon and I'm going to get the bushes and allignment done.

Phil

Sounds like you found part of the problem then.... I am sure bushes and alignment will have the car much nearer to what you expect :thumbs:

Had a chat with the guys at Abbey this afternoon and I'm going to get the bushes and allignment done.

Phil

Sounds like you found part of the problem then.... I am sure bushes and alignment will have the car much nearer to what you expect :thumbs:

Phil

As I said earlier, I think that's definitely the place to start, and the 42psi wouldn't have helped.

It sounds like you know exactly what you want, and my impression is you probably 'feel' the car more than most so you may still want to carry out the bracing/stiffening mods suggested. But at least you'll have a better starting place to judge the results. :)

Phil

As I said earlier, I think that's definitely the place to start, and the 42psi wouldn't have helped.

It sounds like you know exactly what you want, and my impression is you probably 'feel' the car more than most so you may still want to carry out the bracing/stiffening mods suggested. But at least you'll have a better starting place to judge the results. :)