UK Bose == EU Bose?

ir_fuel

Just wondering if the head-unit is the same, as the US one apparently isnt. Just to be sure the info i find here is valid for my Bose system too.

Yop i m spamming the ICE section, but i want to be 100% sure before cashing out to get a new head-unit ;)

They are both the same, definetely.... and one thing I noticed...little hint/tip for all stereos...

The control you are always most likely to use is the volume, so this should always be closer to the driver (so he is not stretching etc...) , and this is always on the left, because the majority of Europe will require it on that side... for UK of course this puts it far away from the driver as possible... but for the rest of the world it is on the "right" side...

It adds cost to production to make a unique UK spec with volume controls on the right hand side of the unit...and another with volume control on the left hand side... so i guess all OEM equipment is designed for the continent.. and in UK we are used to see it on the LH side...

This maybe generalised and there maybe units with volume controls on the RHS but check if they are from a japanese maker...in that case it will make sense...(UK-JPN dirver side...)

same as indicator controls in old imports compared to euro models

(Jap import indicator stalk always on the right, in Europe indicator stalk on the LH)

GOOGLE is amazing ... ;)