WALES 2012 ANNOUNCEMENT update 11/5

Ebized

YES, THE BIG ONE

Based at Moreton Park again, but for those not familiar with the venue here you go: http://www.moretonparkhotel.co.uk/home.html

THE EVENT IS FOR Z OWNERS ONLY as the Club's insurance puposes limits the entries to 50

But this year it has been decided to allow up to 10 non-350/370 Nissan Z's, owned by members on here who have more than 100 posts. Entries on a first come first served basis.

We have secured 30 rooms for the nights of the 18/19/20 May (if you wish to stay for 3 nights). But the 19th will be the busiest and the advice is to get booked NOW. That will reserve you a room against your credit card, which only becomes payable when you arrive or if you don't show and don't give 24 hours notice. Double room prices are even slightly reduced compared to last year :yahoo: Single occupancy rooms will be @ £47.00 Bed & Breakfast and Double occupancy will be £52.00, and includes full English Breakfast. You will not get it any cheaper through Late Rooms etc as we have effectively reserved the majority of rooms that are available.

The telephone number for bookings is 01691776666. Eileen, Jackie or Jenni will normally be your contacts there.

We would ask that you only book if your are serious about attending as the last couple of years have been over-subscribed. If you find you cannot attend after booking please let me know first so that we can re-allocate your room to another 350Z-uk member, otherwise it could go on the general public availability list.

When booking please tell Moreton your forum username (as well as the other personal details they require). This will help us monitor bookings.

PROVISIONAL PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND WILL BE SIMILAR TO LAST YEAR ALTHOUGH WE WELCOME ANY IDEAS ON THE DISCUSSION THREAD:

So:

Saturday19th:

A drive-out in the morning - around a 100 miles, using roads we have found to offer some nice challenges for ZEDs and to include a short break for refreshments. Expect to be back at Moreton about 2pm.

In the afternoon we are hoping some traders will turn-up, which Moreton are happy to accommodate, and time for car cleaning (weather permitting) as there will a prize or two for the best ZEDs

In the evening Moreton are laying on a BBQ for us (again weather permitting and priceed between £12-£15 per person). We will have use of a large room in any event.

No doubt Moretons bar will be busy that afternoon/evening :lol:

For the +1's there is the option of a train-ride to Chester for the day (from nearby Chirk Station) for a bit of retail therapy and enjoyed by a few last year. In addition, the Moreton Park Garden Centre right next door offers far more than just the name suggests with various retail outlets and eateries. http://www.moretonpark.com/gardencentre

Sunday 20th:

The big drive-out using some of the old favourite roads but again with some new roads. Mileage likely to be around 150.

Lunch stop at the Waterloo Hotel in Betws-y-Coed

Evening meal is a free choice at Moreton (or elsewhere) if required.

THINGS TO DO NOW:

1) Book accommodation (if required) 01691776666 Please tell Moreton you are part of the forum and give them your username.

2) Add your name; whether you will be doing both drives or just one and the nights booked at Moreton onto the running list:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=57287&p=824856#p824856

3) Any queries - either post up on the discussion thread: or pm me.

4) Wish the time away.

Anyone thinking of coming along for the first time see here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=57454&p=828269#p828269

I'm thinking of contacting Brian 'The Dent Man'

His services were very well used by members last year and his prices were realy good. ;)

I'm pretty sure I can get him to do a similar deal this year. (don't you just love beer voucher system) ;)

Please post your interest on the "Discussion Thread" viewtopic.php?f=57&t=57287&start=0

We will need about 8 to 10 people. We will also be opening this to the staff Morton Park.

If people think it necessary, I'll start a new thread for names.

Lunch stop for the Sunday is confirmed at the Waterloo in Betws-y-Coed

Our own car park area and great food :yahoo:

P1000497.jpg

Sunday menu (2011 prices held)

[attachment=0]Waterloo menu 20-05-2012.jpg[/attachment]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LAST CHANCE!

30/4/2012

NO ROOMS REMAINING AT MORETON FOR THE SATURDAY NIGHT (unless there are cancellations - pm me to go on the reserve list

(rooms are available on the Friday and Sunday nights though)

(See first post on this thread for details. Other info through the links on my signature)

Updated 27/4/2012

• 2 weeks later...

Moreton plan revised (at their request)

Wasso (Ian) aka Pristine Detailing, is offering his services comprising:

1. Jet wash

2. Snowfoam

3. Rinse

The owner can then chose to hand wash or whatever they want to do thereafter.

£5 per wash which will go the Hope Hospice Charity

Nice offer Ian ;):yahoo:

Moreton have confirmed that wi fi is now available in all rooms.

And you should get 10% discount vouchers for the Garden Centre next door - ask at reception if you want one and don't get offered them when you check in ;)