Help- Bose sub cutting out

trackpig

Hi all

I have the standard GT pack bose ICE in the car but the sub keeps cutting out.

It kicks in when a swift blow is delivered to it but cuts out again when the car goes over a bump. It seems like there is a loose connection or a broken wire?

I have had a look at the sub- not much to it but there is a small electrical unit connected to it, mounted just next to it on the bulkhead, what is this unit? and could this be the component with the problem?

Thanks for any info.

remove the amp and open it up ,i am reasonably sure you won't spot much wrong visually but i suspect the part to look at is a grey block relay which seems to give problems ,you could re solder the board connections and then find a very firm piece of foam and stick it on top of the relay unit in a position that would squash or apply pressure to the relay when you reassemble the amp,please try that and let us know if it fixes the problem as i suspect it will ;)

A quick update

I took a look inside there before reading some of the replys/ links in this thread.

The board did indeed look ok. The grey box shaped component did look like a relay to me so it tried to pop the cover off it. I suspected a faulty relay would give the problem I was having. It seems the cover is attached to the relay inside. Prying the cover off looked like it was going to damage the coil so I stopped at this point and thought about sorcing a new board.

I reassembled and tested- all is working 100% (and has been for the past week) :lol:

It definatly seems the relay on these board is the issue- dry joint, poor spring etc. I then looked at this thread which confirmed the relay problem!

I do love a cheap fix. Thanks for the replies and link :thumbs: