Opinions - dealer prep on my 2 year old

douglasr

Last Monday I took delivery of a 22 month old 350Z with 14200 on the clock. It was purchased from a Nissan garage in Stirling but not on the approved used scheme (Arnold Clark does not appear to be part of that scheme)

They replaced the rear tyres before the car went on sale and I misread Roadstone as Bridgestone (stupid I know but it was a dark Scottish afternoon when I saw the car). I've never heard of them and a search reveals that they make 4x4 and budget high performance tyres. They grip seems ok on the greasy roads we have at the moment, but then again I'm taking it easy. I would obviously prefer a premium brand as this aint no Micra - I wonder if Nissan UK have recommendations (certainly on my previous S2000, Honda recommend only one). Anyone know?

I mentioned the stone chips on the front bumper and they have tried to touch them up, but I could have done a better job myself. I knew the 350 was famous for them - the bumper has quite a few, but there are a four on the bonnet that only became really obvious when the sun came out today. Buyer beware and all that, but I would like them to get their chipsaway guy to sort them.

One of the rear light lenses has become fogged - not through codensation, but through lamination of the plastic by the looks of. This should be replaced in my opinion.

Other that the above, the car is fantastic. Just the usual Nissan dealer performance probably?

What do you think?

Try to get the '06 LED lights for the rear for free!

I wish - its the lower lights mounted in the bumper. I dont tink they changed. They are attending to this, my non-working parking sensors and giving me a new set of wipers (I complained that they were worn out). The salesman will talk to the sales manager about the stone chips and the tyres .

I would have a good check around the bodywork near the rear lense for repaired accident damage as I had the same problem after I had a respray - the garage had covered the rear lense with paint lacquer overspray - bastards. It might buff-up nicely but i doubt it as it is corrosive to plastic -'av a word with 'em!!!