Help! Large qty of water in boot

Madhatter

Hi all

Started to strip the boot a bit to fit my reverse camera and noticed some water in the boot - thought it was just the old condensation problem so cleaned it up and all sorted..l.

Or so I thought! Checked again 4 days ago to find a swimming pool in there - quite deep right at the rear edge of the bumper - the rest of the bumper seemed dry which made me question condensation - especially the amount!

Just wondering if anyone had any advice, ideas or anything that coud be causing this?

Gutted especially as Santa brought Me lots of goodies for Xmas but I want to sort this hopefully first :(

It sounds like a seal has gone and opening the boot has made it considerably worse. DoogRev's advice is the way to proceed, you may be lucky and find that one of the seals has simply moved a bit and can be pushed back into place.

Pete

Hi both

Thanks for the replies.

Seals all look good but I've stripped the boot completely and noticed some water in the left corners- exactly where the reverse sensors were fitted bu Nissan for previous owner.

Dried and cleaned up - will test and see if that's the culprit! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Great news I did indeed sort it!

It was the top right (i.e. driver's side) bolt/clip for the boot that was causing the leak!

Water was running down underneath the light and then through this hole! So I took it apart, bit of gaffa tape to cover hole (then small slit in tape), applied a tiny bit of silicone sealant and viola all resolved!

I've even finding the car isn't missing up anywhere near what it was now which is even better!

Thanks for all your help

Craig