Are Exide batteries ok to use in 350z?

HassanZ

I just bought a heavy duty exide for my navara a few hours ago. Shipped already too!!!!

The battery should charge at around 14.4V. The voltage won't really drop it's the current thats at work when starting a car.

The dial doesn't have accurate marking so is hard to tell. Get a multimeter and put it on v. Check what the battery is running new batteries are 12.8-12.6 anything lower is considering on it's way out but should be ok till they die :lol:

Then get someone to turn the car on whilst it's cranking get a voltage reading then aswell. :thumbs:

Perfect! Thanks :) Is the battery voltage dash gauge accurate? What voltage is it meant to read when the battery is okay and below what voltage should it show if the battery is on it's way out?

Thanks,

Hassan

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a 'Premium' Exide battery with a 4 year warranty. The model number is: EA654.

Now I need advice on how to replace the battery? :blush: Never done one before...

How do i prevent the electrics going haywire, alarm sounding and stereo resetting?

Many thanks,

Hassan

I purchased a 'Premium' Exide battery with a 4 year warranty. The model number is: EA654.

Now I need advice on how to replace the battery? :blush: Never done one before...

How do i prevent the electrics going haywire, alarm sounding and stereo resetting?

Many thanks,

Hassan

Bung your local garage a few quid to do it if you're not confident.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for your advice (special thanks to Mitz at CS for providing help over the phone today although he was busy). I finally had enough courage to do it myself!

after fitting the battery and firing her up, I'm sure it sounded slightly different when she roared to life? :wacko: Maybe it's just placebo? :lol:

Thanks all for your advice (special thanks to Mitz at CS for providing help over the phone today although he was busy). I finally had enough courage to do it myself!

after fitting the battery and firing her up, I'm sure it sounded slightly different when she roared to life? :wacko: Maybe it's just placebo? :lol:

You sometimes get a different noise if you are getting undercurrent, there is a box in the engine to stop this.

You've maybe overloaded the Capacitive Undercurrent Neutraliser Transducer box if you didn't wear rubber gloves to fit the battery. :scare::scare::scare:

Did you wear rubber gloves to fit it?

Forgive me