ICE installer in the south

Kennydies

After having a bad experience having component speakers installed in my Type-r (They had stuck the cover back on with silicon sealent, after breaking the clip) I would like a recommendation os an ICE installer in the south.

On the same subject can you recommend a decent set of component speakers to compliment the Z and my clarion HU?

Thanks

I am non bose. Have a Clarion HU.

If there is no decent installer down here I may try myself. Suppose I could do my window reset at the same time... Anyway....

What size speakers fit in the drivers door? How easy is it to replace the tweaters near the mirror?

Anyone replaced their speakers recently?

Somewhere near you that I have heard good things about but never actually had any work done by them myself is Sextons...think they have a couple of branches. Failing that I know a place in Crawley but I guess that is a bit far from you.

cheers for your replies guys.

Knew it was too good to hope that there may have been on near me.

Dont want to have to drive over an hour for an hour install...

So... I am going to bite the bullet and do it myself...

Back tot he question i cant answer by doing a search...

What size speakers will fit in the door with what size spacers...? Is there any cutting of anything for the install and how easy is it to but the component teaters where the exisitng tweaters are?

May go speaker shopping this weekend and listen to some.

Thanks

6 1/2 inch will go in mate but you will need to use spacers and you may need to trim them down (Autoleads supply theese about a tenner).

If the tweeters are small enough they will sit behind the covers however you will probably need to flush fit them into the pod.

If you have BOSE prepare yourself for a bit of a headache as the system is active however here is a helpful guide with pictures:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial ... stallation

and here:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial ... stallation

Prestige Car Audio in Rickmansworth in London are very good mate. Churned out alot of show cars too :)

Agree they are quality but churn money out of your wallet quicker than Milk from a Jersy cow! ps no Im not sure how long milking cows takes, never tried that one, but sounded good!! :wacko:

The Sound Gallery in High Wycombe. Awesome installers, did my trophy winning car, founding members of Sound Challenge Association on the staff and know all about everything audio.

Prestige also good, Huets heard mixed, same with Sextons. :)