Toyo Proxy T1-S tyre - discontinued??

rickya

As you all may know the Toyo Proxy T1-R replaces the T1-S, but does that mean that the T1-S will not be availiable once stocks run out?

Its just that I have got a good price on a set of four 19"s in T1-S & am worried if in the furure I get a bad puncture & cannot get the T1-S.

Also is the tread pattern the same of the two tyres (IIRC only the side walls are firmer in the T1-R), if so could I not replace a punctured T1-S with a new T1-R if I had to?

Any ideas welcome. (ps If I dont get the T1-S's I will probably end up getting a sports budget tyre, which incidentally is £50 total more & (Nankang Ns2, due to budget constraints!) is not as good as the T1-S.

:thumbs:

((ps I am keeping my new alloy wheels purchase under a cloud of secrecy until I have fitted them, with pics & also as I havent recieved them yet! Fingers crossed & all that :yahoo: Al right if you insist some info is that they are 19's/ 8 inch width at the front / 9.5 inch width at the back / & 20mm offset all round (cc: thanks Kev & Lomto for advice), with a huge deep dish!! Tyres will be 245/40 up front & 275/35 at the rear :thumbs: ))

Toyo are discontinuing the T1-S in the majority of the sizes apart from the common ones ie 195/50/15, 225/45/17, 225/40/18 etc. The T1-R tread pattern is different from the T1-S. The center section is the same compound but you are right in saying that the T1-R now has a harder compound shoulder. I'll pm you a price for T1-R's all round if you want and if it competes with the current deal with T1-S's then I would recommend going for the T1-R's! They are probably doing a good deal on the T1-S's as they won't be around for those sizes for very long and Toyo are churning them out at silly money at the moment. As far as the Nankang's go, in my humble opinion, I would do anything I could to stay of them and get some decent rubber on your new rims.

Cheers,

Andy

Having had both T1-s and T1-r's (not on a 350z) - i would never put the t1-s on to any of my cars again. The T1-R are much much better in my opinion. If its only a small amount of difference in price between the two i'd definately pay that bit extra for the T1-R's.