Born Slippy

captint

Driving to work this morning, at a fairly leisurely pace, 10:20 so not much traffic, anyway, I get to a corner I drive around twice a day every day for years, and suddenly the front goes right the back goes left, totally sideways and then snaps back in, how strange I though, can't be ice as it's too warm, so must be diesel or oil spliage, any ideas.

Not scary, but very bizarre

Had the same coming off a roundabout at about 15MPH 2 weeks ago.

Thought it was just me planting it too much and kept driving home.

I'd like to think I caught the slide just in time and powered out of it.. but more likely I just hit clean tarmac and got grip again.

Was scary though, and there was a queue of stationary traffic on the other side.

Went past the same bit that evening, and what did I see, a biker on the floor and shopping everywhere, which was when it clicked it was diesel.

/David

I find mud to be a real problem/entertainer. As I live on a building site there can be good clumps of mud on the road even though they clean the road twice a day. Obviously not a problem in a straight line as you can see it but coming of one of the two roundabouts it can give pedestrians a fright. Never encountered diesel.