JDM passenger side problems..

Cam350z

Hi,

I've recently garaged my 350z for the winter as I don't want to risk damaging it in icy weather. During this time I want to fix some minor problems with it.

The main problem is that when I open the passenger door the glass does not shift down (catches the top of the door/roof when opening) which also means it catches when I close the door. I'm really worried that someone will give the passenger side door a good shut and end up breaking the window. I have searched online here and also googled it but all the explinations seem a bit vague. A window reset does pop up a few times as a solution but I'm not sure if it could just be something I'm not thinking of that could be really easily solved. Other than this both windows work perfectly.

Another problem is that the passenger side also has a sticky lock i.e. when unlocking the car the passenger side does not unlock 100% of the time. Has anyone ever had this happen to their cars before?

The car is a 2003 JDM coupe.

Thanks in advance,

Cameron

The car has been working fine since it was repaired, it wasn't until the last couple of weeks I noticed the window problem and even more recent with the lock not unlocking 100% of the time.

The body shop did a great job can't fault them in any way really as the car has been back on the road since April with no problems . My dad thought that between changing the door over dirt might have got inbetween connections etc. :shrug:

• 2 months later...

not sure if im talking out my ass but if you windows work fine check that when you open the door the car shows as door opening as if switch etc that detects door open is sticking/broke window wont move up and down automatic as would think door is still shut not sure if same on z not looked yet :cold: but was that on mates other car not z hope this helps